Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Radar Ticket In Tempe AZ!!! Anyone know how to Fight them

Vin-Dog
    Got a Ticket in the mail yesterday and wanted to know if anyone has fought one with any luck, I was going 50mph in a 40 (Allegedly), in Tempe AZ off Rural South of University by one of the vans that parks on the side of the road and takes photos, Bastards have a good pic of my face is the only problem, looks like I will have some Saturday school coming up.
    Here's what you do. Send a check for two dollars over the amount of the ticket. They will send you back a check for the two bucks. DO NOT CASH IT!!! They can't finish the process until you cash the check. I've heard this a while back, they said it works. Good luck!!

Jordy
    Here's what you do. Send a check for two dollars over the amount of the ticket. They will send you back a check for the two bucks. DO NOT CASH IT!!! They can't finish the process until you cash the check. I've heard this a while back, they said it works. Good luck!!
    http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
    That doesn't work. And then they know you got the ticket. If you want to beat it, don't do anything with it. It comes first class mail. They can't prove that you ever received it. Read the fine print at the bottom where you have to sign before you send it in.
    But if you were legitimately in the wrong, just pay the ticket and get it over with.

sorry dog
    I heard you can pay tickets in pesos, and with the exchange rate, it's much cheaper.

Wet Dream
    I heard about someone getting a photo ticket in the mail.
    He took a picture of the cash (fine) and sent it in.
    They sent him back a picture of handcuffs.
    Thats about 15 years old now.

Brian Ray
    You could always go the route of not responding to it, however they will attempt to serve you in person and if they find you, you then have to deal with the ticket as well as pay for the process server. If you read the fine print on the ticket, by responding to it and signing it, you're acknowleging the improper service and waiving your rights. The USPS loses all kinds of mail on a regular basis. They have 120 days to find you or the ticket has to be dismissed.
    Or so I've heard.
    p.s. Tempe always has one somewhere on Scottsdale Rd right around campus.
    I've heard this works too... It's been six months and counting.....but I did move into a new house

2Driver
    You could always go the route of not responding to it, however they will attempt to serve you in person and if they find you, you then have to deal with the ticket as well as pay for the process server. If you read the fine print on the ticket, by responding to it and signing it, you're acknowleging the improper service and waiving your rights. The USPS loses all kinds of mail on a regular basis. They have 120 days to find you or the ticket has to be dismissed.
    Or so I've heard.
    p.s. Tempe always has one somewhere on Scottsdale Rd right around campus.
    I heard the same thing (I think on the local news) about ducking the ticket that way. I guess I wouldn't like knowing at any minute some sheriff is going to be pounding on my door for the next 4 months or catching me pulling in the driveway, but I hear it works. Be sure to always check boating forums for legal advice first!

Havasu_Dreamin
    yea it was just south of university on rural road, they must of had goten a few when i passed by because i was the slowest on the road usually, f-ing jerks.
    Yeah! DAMN the police for ENFORCING THE LAWS! Man up and pay it, accept responsibility for your actions.

Jordy
    I guess I wouldn't like knowing at any minute some sheriff is going to be pounding on my door for the next 4 months or catching me pulling in the driveway, but I hear it works.
    Typically it's not a sheriff as it's a private company that runs the photo radar business (that's right business) and the cities get a percentage. My cousin got served a few years ago by some sweet little old lady asking for directions. They're sneaky. Better off just taking your lumps.

Boatcop
    These are considered "Civil" traffic violations. No signature is required. Just as if a real live cop pulls you over and writes you a civil ticket and you refuse to sign*. He'll just drop it in your lap. Or a parking ticket left on the windshield. Service by mail is sufficient.
    Ignore it? Guess what. The next time you get pulled over you go to jail, since they've suspended your license.
    Fight it. Pay it. Whatever. But don't ignore it.
    Traffic school is available, if you don't want the license points. If it's the principle, many lawyers make a good living defending traffic tickets. The reason they make a good living is that they charge you 5 thousand dollars to get you out of a 2 hundred dollar ticket. (now THAT'S the real revenue generator.)
    *If it were a criminal traffic violation, and you refused to sign, the officer is bound by law to take you in front of the nearest magistrate. In this state, that means you go to jail, and see the judge within 24 hours.

Havasu_Dreamin
    My cousin got served a few years ago by some sweet little old lady asking for directions.
    That sucks! But I'm sure perfectly legal, but sneaky is right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast