Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overhaulin

PowellScooter
    All right heres a question for you left-coast in the know show biz peeps, why did they get rid of Courtney Hansen and get this lame chick they have this year?

Jbb
    Another question...what was the deal between Foose and Boyd...why does Boyd and his crew....except Charlie..consider him the enemy?

Sleek-Jet
    Another question...what was the deal between Foose and Boyd...why does Boyd and his crew....except Charlie..consider him the enemy?
    Now there is a good story.
    From what I've gathered on the internet (it has to be true), Foose started out working for Boyd. They were the best of buddies it seems. When Boyd Coddington Wheels went public, back in the late 90's, the board of directors was not happy with Boyd's managerial and business skills and put Foose in charge of the company. This did not set well with Boyd. Shortly there after, the business went bankrupt. Somehow Boyd managed to get everything back, but Foose was out. My understanding is that Boyd blames Foose for running the company into the ground, even though it was well on it's way by the time Foose was put in charge.
    If you go poke around the message boards for the two shows, lots of info has been posted on the fued between these two.

pjones
    All right heres a question for you left-coast in the know show biz peeps, why did they get rid of Courtney Hansen and get this lame chick they have this year?
    Apparently she "graduated" to host powerblock on the weekends...
    guess Danica got a little too busy...
    You're right the new girl is a little weak.

BarryMac
    I thought that I heard Charlie is working for Foose now, last nights episode made it look like Charlie is running his own shop??? The truck turned out badass, Foose seems like a genuine guy, he was very appreciative of the efforts that everyone put forward building his truck back up...

ChumpChange
    Long story short, the dork that hosts the show smoked the motor on the drive to the shop. Then the shows producers wouldn't step up and replace the powerplant. :skull:
    Ditto on this remark. Not sure what vehicle it was but one of the cars, I think the Camaro, looked nice but had some major engine/tranny problems which the owner then had to take to get fixed elsewhere, right after the show. I guess it's hard to put quality work in seven days.

BADBLOWN572
    Foose seems like a genuine guy, he was very appreciative of the efforts that everyone put forward building his truck back up...
    Chip is a very nice guy. He lives up the street from my parents. Every time I have talked to him, he was extremely nice and would be someone that I could see hanging out with.
    Not to mention, he always has some bad ass car sitting in the driveway.

I thought that I heard Charlie is working for Foose now, last nights episode made it look like Charlie is running his own shop??? The truck turned out badass, Foose seems like a genuine guy, he was very appreciative of the efforts that everyone put forward building his truck back up...
    Charlie went to work WITH Chip on Impression for the Riddler. Boyd is no stranger to driving businesses in the ground. He sold the wheel biz a couple weeks ago (again), and wait 'till the next fiasco is made public!

Sleek-Jet
    Ditto on this remark. Not sure what vehicle it was but one of the cars, I think the Camaro, looked nice but had some major engine/tranny problems which the owner then had to take to get fixed elsewhere, right after the show. I guess it's hard to put quality work in seven days.
    I remember a couple of the cars having problems.
    The owners are required to sign a waver at the time the cars are delivered (usually several months after the show is done filming) stating that they are excepting the cars "as is", and absolve the producers of any liability. If they don't sign it, they don't get the car. The guy with the Cutlass was not alowed to drive the car before taking delivery. Once he got it, he realized that they had spun a bearing in the engine.

HOSS
    Whats the deal with the sickness,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast