Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overhaulin

Jbb
    Whats the deal with the sickness,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
    Watch...This Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...dents%2Bhappen)
    you Cajun mutant....

SummitKarl
    is Boyds show even still on TV
    That show really portrayed him as TOTAL Jacka$$...that Expects loyalty, rather than earning it from his employees :hammer2:
    and Boyds shop manager came off even worse.
    I much prefer Foose's show and his "CLASS ACT" status (in my book)
    but it makes one wonder about the quality of the cars when all I see on every build is METAL being completely covered in putty :yuk:
    I would like to see these car 2-3yrs down the road. or just see if they would survive even one summer day in the desert
    maybe someday we will see a REAL CRAFTSMAN!!!! with a Hammer, Dolly and E-wheel do the body work properly
    one of the most world renowned coach builders lives and works right behind me(our back yards butt up to each other) this guy hand rolls Cobra bodies and restores ALL!!! of Vic Edelbrock's museum cars, OMG Bruce is so talented, I watch, learn and help every chance I get, it really has put these slap'em together car show in perspective for me

That show really portrayed him as TOTAL Jacka$$...that Expects loyalty, rather than earning it from his employees :hammer2:
    but it makes one wonder about the quality of the cars when all I see on every build is METAL being completely covered in putty :yuk:
    I would like to see these car 2-3yrs down the road. or just see if they would survive even one summer day in the desert
    maybe someday we will see a REAL CRAFTSMAN!!!! with a Hammer, Dolly and E-wheel do the body work properly
    one of the most world renowned coach builders lives and works right behind me(our back yards butt up to each other) this guy hand rolls Cobra bodies and restores ALL!!! of Vic Edelbrock's museum cars, OMG Bruce is so talented, I watch, learn and help every chance I get, it really has put these slap'em together car show in perspective for me
    They are taping, but as I said, wait till the next fiasco becomes public. My oldest son was on the show in the "Career Day" segment.. he goes to the same school as Duane's son. When it comes down to it though, the rodding industry is no more screwed up than the boating industry, just more visible. Is there a way to make the world BIGGER again?

Jbb
    I agree...partly...The way they prime everything and rush right to paint ....is sure to come back to haunt the owner later.....Bondo however is not what it used to be...and now that laquer products are a thing of the past ....and spot putty is catalyzed..... If you give primer coats time to dry and all the tail solvents to disappear.....you can paint it and expect it to look good for a long time....I used to have people years ago insist I do repairs in lead.....and I had way more reactivity problems with lead than I ever did with properly catalyzed and applied bondo........and shit...

Cole Trickle
    I quit watching Overhaulin after I read about the fiasco that the 442 build from the first season turned into.
    Long story short, the dork that hosts the show smoked the motor on the drive to the shop. Then the shows producers wouldn't step up and replace the powerplant. :skull:
    Foose does build some nice cars though.
    I worked on that build.
    Lets just say that that car had alot of issues before it even showed up. Regardless of what you read that couple was the most unappreciatve bunch I ever had the displeasure of meeting.The motor was not toast and they were pissed that they didn't get a new big HP motor and a 5 speed manual tranny.
    They tried to force a couple of the sponsors to give more and threatened with a law suit when they didn't get what they wanted.
    The wife was a lunatic that sits at home and watches TV all day while her husband barely pays the bills.(She was omplaining how they had zero money in the bank and needed a roof yet she said her husband will have to figure out a way to come up with the gift tax)
    That car had sat in his driveway/garage for 10+ years and would still be a peice of crap if Overhaulin didn't choose it.

Sleek-Jet
    I worked on that build.
    Lets just say that that car had alot of issues before it even showed up. Regardless of what you read that couple was the most unappreciatve bunch I ever had the displeasure of meeting.The motor was not toast and they were pissed that they didn't get a new big HP motor and a 5 speed manual tranny.
    They tried to force a couple of the sponsors to give more and threatened with a law suit when they didn't get what they wanted.
    The wife was a lunatic that sits at home and watches TV all day while her husband barely pays the bills.(She was omplaining how they had zero money in the bank and needed a roof yet she said her husband will have to figure out a way to come up with the gift tax)
    That car had sat in his driveway/garage for 10+ years and would still be a peice of crap if Overhaulin didn't choose it.
    I remember reading her posts on a couple of the message boards. She did seem a little whacked out.
    This is the first time I've heard anyone that worked on that build comment on it.
    Two side to every story, right??
    Thanks for the info...

Cole Trickle
    I remember reading her posts on a couple of the message boards. She did seem a little whacked out.
    This is the first time I've heard anyone that worked on that build comment on it.
    Two side to every story, right??
    Thanks for the info...
    It's next to impossible to please everyone.
    It just baffels me how someone can complain about someone giving them 20K in parts along with a 5-10K paint job desinged by one of the industrys best designers.Not to mention the time that everyone puts into those cars working around the clock.
    Basicly that 442 went from being a $2500 car to a 60K car in 7 days.I think they should have done a better job at wrapping up some of the details once the show is over but that isn't the builders fault.(TV and it's timeline play a real big part in what get's done.... When the producers walk up to you and say you have 10 minutes ant that is it you do your best)
    One thing you will notice is that that is one of the last cars that got Fooses logo painted on it.I think the way those people reacted insulted alot of people and took some of the heart out of the show.
    The cars are alot more basic now.

BarryMac
    I worked on that build.
    Cole, what is your best estimate on what the gift tax would run on a build like this? 6, 8 10 thousand maybe???

XtrmWakeborder
    All i know is the lady that got the corvette done for her is a family friend and she brought it by work to show all of us and man it was nice. I would LOVE to have someone do up my car like that. How anyone could complain is beyond me.

SummitKarl
    I agree...partly...The way they prime everything and rush right to paint ....is sure to come back to haunt the owner later.....Bondo however is not what it used to be...and now that laquer products are a thing of the past ....and spot putty is catalyzed..... If you give primer coats time to dry and all the tail solvents to disappear.....you can paint it and expect it to look good for a long time....I used to have people years ago insist I do repairs in lead.....and I had way more reactivity problems with lead than I ever did with properly catalyzed and applied bondo........and shit...
    yes the new products are much better, but I miss the laquer buzz.....and shiat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast