Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Business anouncement- Quad and MX related.

mxbundy
    Hi guys,
    Want to make an anouncement about my BIZ.
    I have been making the replacement seat foams and covers for a company called Quad-Tech, for those of you in the know.
    Bee
    n doing this for about 2 years now. But I have decided to open up my own shop and web based buisiness, basically selling my own stuff that I allready make. The website is being built now and hopefully up and running in about 2 or 3 weeks.
    But the thing that I am most excited about is that I just inked the deal to have the seat base molds made for the seat pans. Now I will be able to sell a complete seat that will go right on your bike with no mods. A-la SDG style. A first for Quads. The first bikes that I am targeting are the YFZ-450, 450R Fourtrax and the LTR-450 Suzuki. Waiting to get my hands on the new Kawi that is coming out so that I can start on the seats for that one also.
    Will have the national coming out party at the Indy trade show in Feb. Will be available for sale around the same time.
    Also gonna go down to Fla for bike week and pimp my stuff at the first 2 GNCC races that bookend the bike week activities.
    These will not be the flame job and Iron Cross stuff but serious race style seats that offer the choice of stock height, Desert height (1.5 inchs taller and softer) or Race style with a step up portion on the back, Like Ricky Carmichael and some of the other pros run.
    But in the mean time, if any of you guys would like a new seat on your Quads,
    Give me a call, I have just about any bike and style of in Quads and several but not all new MX bikes. Will have a store set up on E-Bay pretty soon also.
    I can e-mail you a list of the seats that I offer.
    Lendon Smith aka mxbundy
    THE SEAT FACTORY
    951-941-0722

phebus
    Congratulations, and good luck.

Trailer Park Casanova
    The early yfz 450 seats are made outta concrete.
    A softer seat would be a plus.
    Cascade made a more comfortable replacement, but they sorta fell off the map a few years .

mxbundy
    Thanks Phebus!
    I think sometimes I need this :hammerhea thow for starting this whole thing!

mxbundy
    Cascade made a more comfortable replacement, but they sorta fell off the map a few years .

Hustler
    Very cool. I'm a little confused though. Are you going to make bike seats also or just quad stuff?

bordsmnj
    if they are reasonably priced i'd go for one for a blue '04 yfz. desert race style. good luck with steppin' out! -jas

mxbundy
    bordsmnj,
    PM sent!

mxbundy
    Very cool. I'm a little confused though. Are you going to make bike seats also or just quad stuff?
    I had started to make molds for the steped seats that everyone is running, but got discourged when SDG came out with them first. I do have some molds made for the MX bikes, but they are all stock or tall, never finished the step molds.
    bundy

RitcheyRch
    Good luck and congrats. I might also be interested in a seat for my '07 YFZ450.
    Might be a good idea to advertise on a few of the quad message boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast