Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Bush

Kachina26
    Is it me, or is there a serious lack of respect for the office of the President? Love him or hate him, it's President Bush. I first heard the term Mr. Bush on Abc's world news the other night, it struck me as odd. I just heard it again while watching comic relief (I know, the show is a great liberal bastion), but seriously, am I wrong about this? Seems to me past presidents were refered to as President ___________ , not Mr. _____________ .

Good observation.
    I think it goes way beyond the President though. One of the marks of a failing society is general lack of respect within. You likely don't have to look much further than your own neighborhood to see it slowly eating away. Take this forum for example. :supp:

SmokinLowriderSS
    It is a general thing all accross society to a very great extent, and a shame.
    2 weeks ago on Thurs. Kareoki night in the bar I bounce in nights:
    Drunk moron goes out onto the dance floor to look thru a Kereoki song list book, with his beer. (he showed up drunk off his ass, with friends)
    Same moron, is told 3 times, in a row, by the Kareoki operator gal he cannot have his drink there (bar rule).
    I step from behind, take his beer, sit it on a nearby table, off the dance floor.
    Moron looks at her, "You're a b!+ch!"
    Friend of hers says " What did you just call her?"
    Moron "Shut-up cu~+".
    Hi, me again, guy in the bright yellow shirt marked "security", don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ as you are leaving. Bye.
    A week later he shows up to drink, and I am informed by the bartender that the bar owner said earlier he was banned, not welcome back.
    "Hi bud, me again. Thanks to last Thurs, you get to leave, again, and don't bother coming back. I know you just got here, bye."

Old Texan
    When "The Simpsons" and "Beavis and Butthead" become role models, what can we expect.
    If given enough thought a person could reason there's a conspiracy to dumb down our children when you compare Sat. morning cartoons of today to the Mr. Rogers and Capt. Kangeroo of the past.
    It's a "ME" society we live in. Cars and mobile phones are a prime example.

Blown 472
    When "The Simpsons" and "Beavis and Butthead" become role models, what can we expect.
    If given enough thought a person could reason there's a conspiracy to dumb down our children when you compare Sat. morning cartoons of today to the Mr. Rogers and Capt. Kangeroo of the past.
    It's a "ME" society we live in. Cars and mobile phones are a prime example.
    And god forbid you act like parents and control what your kids watch, just let them run free and hope the gubment does a good job raising them, you guys are closet libs and just dont know it yet.

SmokinLowriderSS
    And god forbid you act like parents and control what your kids watch, just let them run free and hope the gubment does a good job raising them, you guys are closet libs and just dont know it yet.
    Yea, OldTex, see what happens when children are let run amok? :cry:
    TV, the worst evil mankind ever invented (right next to the domesticated cow and the flush toilet).

Poster X
    Respect is earned.. not assigned.

Blown 472
    Yea, OldTex, see what happens when children are let run amok? :cry:
    TV, the worst evil mankind ever invented (right next to the domesticated cow and the flush toilet).
    Spoken like a true tv junkie. I dont watch tv so try again.:sleeping:

Blown 472
    Respect is earned.. not assigned.
    Come on now, just cuz some clown gets in office and is a complete moron we should respect him

QuickJet
    Come on now, just cuz some clown gets in office and is a complete moron we should respect him
    We did it for Clinton and Carter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast