Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pump and impeller question

W.O.T
    I am currently running a blueprinted aluminum A impeller (12jg pump) with a 600hp bbc. I want to run a B impeller to get to the higher rpms my motor was built to run. The bowl also has alot of vein work done to it. So my question is should i have my current impeller cut down to a B? Or just order a new B from berkely and keep the A onhand? I would also like to add a droop or straight snoot. Does anyone know what would work best on a 79 Challenger hull? I hear alot of different recomendations. I would love some good advice before i dump the money. heres a pic of the boat to get an idea of what im working with. http://a845.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b9b4d95c74.jpg
    http://a718.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...c81af844dd.jpg

SmokinLowriderSS
    That detailed A MAY be moving close to AA water volume. Personally, I'd cut the A, BUT, you can never go back. I'd have to be certain I was not going to mind the holeshot pulling loss of the cut, and want the RPM. If there's any chance of you going back, buy a "B", you could have it detailed later, BUT, you will probably need to re-do the wear ring clearances for it. That would leave you 2 setups (impeller, ring, shims).

Mr. Crusader 83
    First question.
    What kind of RPM's are you pulling now?
    As for the droop or a straight snoot, every boat acts different. I went with the droop on my. I wish i would have got the one with the ride plate on it from Eddie Marine though. It made it ride high and loose on the water. The best thing to do is try just a droop, then work from there.
    My .02

Mr. Crusader 83
    Nice looking boat too.

W.O.T
    right now it turns about 5300 rpms. i would like to be right around 6k to get a faster top speed. it has a great holeshot right now but im willing to give some of that up for some speeed. a loader grate is also in the plans. thanks for the replies. i have never made any changes to the current setup. last season was my first with a jetboat

Mr. Crusader 83
    I say start with a droop and ride plate. then see how you like it. you will pick up speed but i doubt any rpm's.

SmokinLowriderSS
    right now it turns about 5300 rpms. i would like to be right around 6k to get a faster top speed. it has a great holeshot right now but im willing to give some of that up for some speeed. a loader grate is also in the plans. thanks for the replies. i have never made any changes to the current setup. last season was my first with a jetboat
    If you want 6-grand, you are looking at 2 cuts, from "A" to "C", and more loss in moderate RPM pulling power, and acceleration .... I stop liking it now ...

67weimann
    If you want 6-grand, you are looking at 2 cuts, from "A" to "C", and more loss in moderate RPM pulling power, and acceleration .... I stop liking it now ...
    or if you want 6 grand, more motor...

QuickJet
    Get rid of the stock rock grate and get a good loader. My Bahner reacted very well to the Extreme loader.

W.O.T
    Get rid of the stock rock grate and get a good loader. My Bahner reacted very well to the Extreme loader.
    thanks, alot of people have recomended a loader and that it would really help me out. i am definitely going to invest in one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast