Thread: new member jet question

jungledave
    I have two Sleekcrafts, one 1983 kauai 19.6 with a Berkley 12 jg and a 454 the other is a 1976 Sleekcraft 19.6 ?? with an olds 455 and a Jacuzzi 12yj. The two boats are pretty much identical hull wise except color, I don't know exactly what the 76 is called. I am wanting to swap engines and jets between the two boats and was wondering what kinda trouble it would be to do the jet swap. I don't see too much trouble with the engines but the pumps may be trouble. Any one done this. the olds uses a four point mount with the jacuzzi and the chevy uses a three point with the berkley. The 76 is in much much better shape than the 83 so this is the reason for the swap besides the genuine woodgrain gelcoat in the 83 Both boats run fine, completely stock. I have ran the 76 sleek quite a bit here in Colorado and Missouri. It is a great ski boat. Thanks David L.

Ken F
    Dave,
    The intake in the bottom of the boat is quite a lot wider in the Jacuzzi, meaning that if you swap them you will have to do some filling along the sides of the intake. If I remember correctly it's about 1 1/2 to 2" per side.
    Otherwise, it should be a pretty easy swap. Keep the 4 point mounts for your "keeper" however!
    Hope this helps,
    Ken F

jungledave
    Dave,
    The intake in the bottom of the boat is quite a lot wider in the Jacuzzi, meaning that if you swap them you will have to do some filling along the sides of the intake. If I remember correctly it's about 1 1/2 to 2" per side.
    Otherwise, it should be a pretty easy swap. Keep the 4 point mounts for your "keeper" however!
    Hope this helps,
    Ken FSo what you mean by filling is I have to do glass work and that sounds like work. I did plan to convert to the four point mounts on the chevy. I was thinking of just leaving the jets where they are and going with the dominator jacuzzi conversion. Thanks for the advice.