Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk nozzle diameter...

George Pataki
    Mark I think it was called the robo summtin.???????
    I've been lookin for a picture for a while. also have some ideas, But thats just another project that I've put on the back burner.

67weimann
    Place Divertor makes the FTN(Fine Tune Nozzle) ... so you can change nozzle diameter. Not on the fly adjustments but make a pass change nozzle inserts and make another pass. They offer various nozzle inserts...http://www.placediverter.com/index.p...details&pid=65

cyclone
    Place Divertor makes the FTN(Fine Tune Nozzle) ... so you can change nozzle diameter. Not on the fly adjustments but make a pass change nozzle inserts and make another pass. They offer various nozzle inserts...http://www.placediverter.com/index.p...details&pid=65
    Thanks for the link. that's what im talking about but it would be adjustable on the fly. swapping nozzle inserts does effect the boat's performance to a degree but i havent found one that is perfect. its so far been a compromise between holeshot and top end performance.
    i'm thinking of something that i could adjust as the boat is running like on a fighter jet engine.

cyclone
    There was a prototype in Hot Boat mag about 10 or 12 yrs ago.
    It had an adjustable nozzle ID within a small range and you could hydraulically adjust the vertical height also without changing the angle.
    There was a lot of hyd. lines and linkages to it.
    It was pretty high tech looking and that's gotta be worth a couple mph right there.
    As I recall the nozzle looked somewhat like a jet engine nozzle.
    I'll do some searching in the magazine pile.
    you dont happen to have that issue of the mag do you?

67weimann
    damn gatting all complicated and shit I see....Good luck man. Hope it works out for you...

cyclone
    i was hoping it wouldn't be too complicated. lol

67weimann
    Yeah, I wish everything was just an easy bolt on...except for then everyone would have one...although you have me thinking of a way to do this...things that make you go "hmmmm":idea:

YeLLowBoaT
    So what your looking for is something like the back of a jet engine... I'm wondering... would it have to be round? It would be fairly ez to make a it in say a recrtangle, you just would have to figure how to blend the transition form round... Still ether it making something more square or a flater spray pattner would be fairly simple to make.

wsuwrhr
    not a chance.
    got a drawing you dont mind making public?

steelcomp
    Mike, what were the performance gains you noticed, or how do you see it being advantageous? I understand the principal of different nozzle sizes, just still not sure the hassle would be worth the benefit. There's so many other fine tuning that can be done. What would you say the range of adjustment would need to be?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast