Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop thru strut pics

steelcomp
    I'm geting to the point of setting the strut in my Spectra and I's like to see some ideas of drop through installations if some of you wouldn't mind.
    Thanks in advance.
    Edited to add: I did a search but it seems that a lot of the old pics aren't in the right format any more.

GofastRacer
    Scott, you can go to my profile and look at mine, it's not a cruiser but the basics are the same, give ya ideas!..

steelcomp
    Scott, you can go to my profile and look at mine, it's not a cruiser but the basics are the same, give ya ideas!..
    Cruiser??? Who's building a cruiser? LOL. It's for my 19' v-drive...aint gonna be no cruiser.
    Thanks Art. I'll check it out.

steelcomp
    Wasn't there a thread on here about a guy making one?? I think I'm going to make my own, and that would be helpful.
    Thanks.

GofastRacer
    Cruiser??? Who's building a cruiser? LOL. It's for my 19' v-drive...aint gonna be no cruiser.
    Thanks Art. I'll check it out.
    My bad, you mentioned Spectra and I assumed you had a cruiser!..

GofastRacer
    Wasn't there a thread on here about a guy making one?? I think I'm going to make my own, and that would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Superdave made one a while back!..

WannabeRacing
    I could start a thread about possible ways to make them. Anyone really interested?

cruser
    Think I just saw something in the SPAM section about someone selling v drive parts including a new drop thru strut. Look at the "Marine Underwater Parts listing. (I have nothing to do with this add, just passing it along. Your milage may vary.)

steelcomp
    I could start a thread about possible ways to make them. Anyone really interested?
    I certainly would be.

WannabeRacing
    The struts I have no history with, but all of the other drop through stuff is fairly simple. I built a few sets and have a pretty good deal on how to do them and make them work well, and live long.
    As for struts, I would need to know what the barrel is and where to get that. Not to mention finding more courage to try to make my own strut. I leave that to the pros for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast