Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBF HEAD SELECTION

lakesmodified
    GM Killer, one question: HOW MUCH for them Blue Thunder Heads? I've read quite a bit about them, but I bet they're really high dollar.. I don't want to continue spending on this project, because knowing myself, I will probably sell this boat and buy another one within the next year or so.. I guess it's a habit of mine... Buy and Sell!!

GM Killer
    I paid around 1500 for the bare heads thru Don Hampton at his blower shop

lakesmodified
    Originally posted by GM Killer:
    I paid around 1500 for the bare heads thru Don Hampton at his blower shop
    Damn, just a little TOO rich for my tastes right now.... I'm getting ready to go on vacation to Bora Bora and Moorea Island for 8 days... Leaving for LA next Monday, going to visit parents, etc for a couple days, then leaving for Tahiti on Wedenesday Morning.. The 460 reassembly will have to wait until I return...

GM Killer
    If you want to see some Blue Thunder Heads, go to www.bpeheads.com, (http://www.bpeheads.com,) he has my heads pictured.

lakesmodified
    If you want to see some Blue Thunder Heads, go to www.bpeheads.com, (http://www.bpeheads.com,) he has my heads pictured.
    Damn, those are some darn good looking heads! Those (Chevy)exhaust ports look like caves!

GM Killer
    those are the heads I run in my CP hull. 'Guru' and I are going to run for fun at the Vdrive regatta, you gotta be there

lakesmodified
    those are the heads I run in my CP hull. 'Guru' and I are going to run for fun at the Vdrive regatta, you gotta be there
    Killer, unfortunately, I no longer live in Calif... I've been in Tennessee for 8.5 years now.. But I do visit Calif at least 3-4 times/year.. Those heads are damn nice.. I ended up buying a set of ported and polished D3VE A2A heads on ebay for $255 I'll have them gone through, machined for the screw in studs/guide plates, and then see how they do.. I might eventually SPRING for the Thunder heads, but that will have to be next year. I have 2 daughters in College (20 and 21) and a third getting ready to start next semester (August) I guess I need to act grown up and save some money for the family. Thanks for the help, Ivan

mister460
    I say go with the D0VE's or equivalent and just open the chambers up a little to lower the comp ratio. And use dished pistons. The exhaust port on your D3's are terrible. Even with good porting they still aren't desined as well as the D0VE's. They're easy to find (D8, D9, or D0 casting's) and a shopt should be able to open the chambers up a bit. If you were in So Cal I could hook you up pretty cheap but it's really expensive to mail 150 lbs of iron across the country.

lakesmodified
    Originally posted by mister460:
    I say go with the D0VE's or equivalent and just open the chambers up a little to lower the comp ratio. And use dished pistons. The exhaust port on your D3's are terrible. Even with good porting they still aren't desined as well as the D0VE's. They're easy to find (D8, D9, or D0 casting's) and a shopt should be able to open the chambers up a bit. If you were in So Cal I could hook you up pretty cheap but it's really expensive to mail 150 lbs of iron across the country.
    Damn, wish I would have been able to read this post prior to buying those other heads.. I bought them from a guy out in Calif, so I have to ship across the country anyways.. What do you get for a set of those heads? Ivan

mister460
    With new valves/springs and proted to customer specs I usually charge about 600 bucks. We're talking flow tested, decked, three angle (or 5) valve job and painted if you so desire, ready to bolt on and rock. If you have any friends, let them know. I do Chev heads too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast