Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 455 Question

76ANTHONY
    i have a holley blue elec fuel pump and it over heats, my question is will a mechanical fit with a double roller timing chain?
    thanks in advance
    scott

malcolm
    Mine did.

NautiII
    my olds has an electric fuel pump as well. mine works fine, but trying to get rid of the clutter, and wondered if a manual pump would work just as well. sorry to jump in on this thread! I as well have a double roller.

djunkie
    i have a holley blue elec fuel pump and it over heats, my question is will a mechanical fit with a double roller timing chain?
    thanks in advance
    scott
    I have a solution for you. Take the holley pump out along with the 455 and put in a Chevy motor. :crossx: :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
    thanks in advance
    scott
    Is the fuel pump running into a bypass regulator that lets it pump excess back to the tank or is it dead-heading into the carb/regulator? Most elec fuel pumps use the fuel passing thru them to cool them. If they can't blow it thru, they just swirl in it & overheat.

Moneypitt
    Is the fuel pump running into a bypass regulator that lets it pump excess back to the tank or is it dead-heading into the carb/regulator? Most elec fuel pumps use the fuel passing thru them to cool them. If they can't blow it thru, they just swirl in it & overheat.
    There you go!.........MP

Wet Dream
    I have a solution for you. Take the holley pump out along with the 455 and put in a Chevy motor. :crossx: :crossx:
    Oh boy...that post has ORIGINALITY written all over it. How long did it take you to come up with that?

76ANTHONY
    ok its deadheading, my next question would be how do i make a bypass, or what do i need to buy.oh, one more thing. dpunkie, die.... :crossx:

djunkie
    Oh boy...that post has ORIGINALITY written all over it. How long did it take you to come up with that?
    What you have a better sugestion???
    Oh and by the way, it was a joke for ol 76 and I'm pretty sure he knows that.

SmokinLowriderSS
    The mech pump on my 454 NEVER overheats. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast