Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the moto guys

dumbandyoung
    or you could grab a day laborer at home depot and pay him 9 bucks to hold the tailgate up.

No Regrets
    YES, you can fit 2 full size moto's in the s/box w/ the gate up. Did it for two years before cuttin loose the smoker- Ancient Moto secret trick.......
    You angle both wheels to press against each other in the front/cnter of the bed( left bike turned right, right bike turned left) they hold each other up-then swing the rear wheels out all the way to the inside of bed and the gate will close-
    FYI- this trick will only work in a chevy/gmc s/box, I dont know why.

HatenWinter
    Thanks again guys, decisions, decisions.........

dumbandyoung
    FYI- this trick will only work in a chevy/gmc s/box, I dont know why.
    im calling B.S... i have a shortbed ford.. fits like a glove

HMF'er
    Having always owned a short bed for the 13+ years I had a dirt bike, it tends to be a tight fit when transporting 2 or 3 bikes, gear bags, gas cans, stands, toolbox, misc. I finally bought my first long bed so I can close the gate and still have extra room. In my opinion, you can never have enough room so I vote for a long bed.

Outnumbered
    I use this. Way easier than loading in a truck. Only good for one bike though.
    http://www.addabike.com/

Outnumbered
    You could put a receiver on your trailer rear bumper. I think someone makes a 2 bike version too.

HatenWinter
    Due to the design of my trailer, adding of the hitch/bike rack probably won't work. I just need to be patient and hold out for the right longbed to come along. I don't want to jump the gun on the short bed and regret it within a year or 2.

dumbandyoung
    Due to the design of my trailer, adding of the hitch/bike rack probably won't work. I just need to be patient and hold out for the right longbed to come along. I don't want to jump the gun on the short bed and regret it within a year or 2.
    i regret it.. buy the long bed!!

HatenWinter
    I'm kind of bouncing back and forth between Ford and Chevy too. Leaning more toward the Duramax but there's alot more Fords out there that have what were looking for. I really need the split rear bench for the kids and the dog. Does the Lariat edition have a split bench like the chevys?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast