Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riv Co OHV important read

Sportin' Wood
    I just returned from the Riverside County board of supervisors meeting. After a long testimony by concerned citizens Supervisor Bob Buster called for an Outright ban on OHV use on "PRIVATE" property throughout Riverside County. This means that no matter how much property you own you will not be able to use OHV's on your own property period! Not even your kids riding around on a 50 will be legal.
    If you live in Riverside County I can't tell you how important it is that you contact your area representive and voice your opinion.
    You can find out more info from
    Meg Grossglass at ORBA
    www.orba.biz
    or AMA district 37
    Both AMA reps left before the end of the meeting as it went late so they may not have the info yet.
    Meg has all the details as she was sitting right next to me flabergasted at Mr Busters remarks.
    I believe the next meeting is sched. March 28 at 1:00pm in Riverside.
    Meg had worked 18 months on a compromised bill with the riverside planning dept, but that 18 months of work just went out the window. There where 3 anti offroaders to every one offroaders at this meeting. Again I can not tell you how important it is that you voice your opinion if you want to continue riding in Riverside County.
    SW

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    BUMP
    No one is interested in this????? Bob Buster is calling for a BAN of OHV use on ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY in the ENTIRE county!!
    I have 12 acres, that means no quads or motorcycles at all on my property. Even the ranch quads that we use to haul around horsie poo. Even if one had 150 acres. Anyone here live in Buster's district??? Hellooooooo. Is this thing on???

Wet Dream
    BUMP
    No one is interested in this????? Bob Buster is calling for a BAN of OHV use on ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY in the ENTIRE county!!
    I have 12 acres, that means no quads or motorcycles at all on my property. Even the ranch quads that we use to haul around horsie poo. Even if one had 150 acres. Anyone here live in Buster's district??? Hellooooooo. Is this thing on???
    Good. Let RC set the precident for the rest of the state. Good ol' Cali. :yuk:
    No, this isn't personal against you or anyone else. I just can't believe how the CA counties create such bullshit laws, and you guys and gals living there become more and more sterile. CA isn't the recreation state it once used to be.

Sportin' Wood
    http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/st....130cfb00.html
    Heres a link to the Press Enterprise article

JetBoatRich
    This needs to stay at the top I may not live in the same county, but it could give other cities an idea :yuk:

havaduner
    Good. Let RC set the precident for the rest of the state. Good ol' Cali. :yuk:
    No, this isn't personal against you or anyone else. I just can't believe how the CA counties create such bullshit laws, and you guys and gals living there become more and more sterile. CA isn't the recreation state it once used to be.
    Nice, thanks for your support, please do us sterile folks in Cali a favor: stay in PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I don't live in Riverside but I think this is crap. :yuk: How can someone tell you what not to do on your own property?? Whats the reason, noise??

Sportin' Wood
    San Bernadino county is also currently working on a plan. This action will be a tool used in other counties and its possible other states.

Sportin' Wood
    I don't live in Riverside but I think this is crap. :yuk: How can someone tell you what not to do on your own property?? Whats the reason, noise??
    According to Bob Buster riding OHV's on your property is not a right. Its an option. Noise, dust, Enviromental impact, among other things.

Wet Dream
    Noise, pollution, erosion of the land, name it. Remember the 2 strokes on the lakes? And Hava, don't get too carried away, I lived there for many years, got tired of the crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast