Thread: News story this morning

Schubyd
    There was a story on the news this morning about a race boat accident on the Potomac. Anyone know the story?

LynnsJet
    A couple of months ago there was a boating accident on the Patomac somewhere around Woodbridge, VA. I never heard who it was and I never saw any other articles about it. It was not a racing accident.

drejustice
    WASHINGTON -- The search has resumed for a missing boater on the Potomac River.
    Officials from Prince William, Fairfax and Charles counties started the search at about 5:30 p.m. Monday near Pohick Bay.
    Investigators said the man may have been racing with another boat when his high-speed boat overturned. Searches were able to find the boat but found no sign of the missing man.
    The man is believed to have set out from Pohick Bay Regional Park and investigators said he may have been out on the water for about an hour when he was first reporting missing.
    Federal, state and county rescuers searched for several hours before calling it off because of darkness.
    The rescuers are working closely with the U.S. Coast Guard.

buckey79
    I heard about that accident. It wasen't any of the pomonkey gang. Were all winterized for the year.

supersoaker509
    A friend of mine said he saw it on the news and it was a red hydro with a big black outboard

supersoaker509
    A friend of mine said he saw it on the news and it was a red hydro with a big black outboard

Slacker
    A friend mine told me this afternoon, supposedly he lived near Fredricksburg.. They knew him.... but havent got the whole story yet so i would hate to spread any kind of bad INfo.... Especially on something like this..

buckey79
    I saw that boat on the potomac a few times this summer at belmont bay.

24skaterVA
    I'm going to leave names out of this.
    A gentleman had purchased a new mirage & was testing the boat. He let his friend drive who had also had purchased a new boat. Unfortunately the friend "blew" the boat over. There was no "race" from what I was told just making a couple high speed passes. Both gentleman had experience w/ boats of these speeds. I was sorry to hear about this & send my condolences to both family & friends.

drejustice
    Sad to hear this. Prayers and condolences to the family.