Thread: Flat Bottom wiring

johnny2slick
    Just wondering if anyone offers a wiring harness for old v-drive boats. I am going to rip out the rats nest and rewire, but thought i'd see if anyone had a harness available before making my own.
    Also wanted any tips or advice regarding anything I might not have thought about before starting this job. I want to do this once and do it properly, so if anyone can give me a heads up on anything, please do.
    The boat is pretty straightforward, big block, magnaflow electric fuel pump, msd ignition, guages, nitrous, kill switch, alternator, etc.
    Also, it currently has a marine three wire alternator and want to know if it's o.k. to use a one wire? Are there big differences between marine and auto alternators? Is there a one wire marine unit that is polished or plated?
    Sorry....so many questions.
    Thanks everyone. Dave.

wsuwrhr
    I can't help you much on the wiring since you are in BC. I did my own with help from two buddies.
    I think painless wiring has a boat setup and they have a website.
    Rexone here on the boards may be able to help you out too.
    Brian
    I think I can help you out with your nitrous though.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/63newnos.jpg

Doin' Time
    I can't help you much on the wiring since you are in BC. I did my own with help from two buddies.
    I think painless wiring has a boat setup and they have a website.
    Rexone here on the boards may be able to help you out too.
    Brian
    I think I can help you out with your nitrous though.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/63newnos.jpg
    that bottle is all you need.....and a matter of fact,my cousin needs a bracket for a bottle...how much are they?????

coolchange
    Are you the guy that had that boat on e-bay or did yo buy it? Nice ride. One thing you might consider is a oil pressure kill switch for the fuel pump, so when the motor isn't running it kills the pump.

rrrr
    Are you the guy that had that boat on e-bay or did yo buy it? Nice ride. One thing you might consider is a oil pressure kill switch for the fuel pump, so when the motor isn't running it kills the pump.
    I connected a temp sensor in series with the oil pressure switch. Just another safety, can't read the gauges in the old skool flat to easily, they're behind me.
    Also ran a parallel circuit through the auxiliary contacts in the starter solenoid (Ford type) to energize the pump while I'm cranking the motor.
    Frankenstein shit!!