Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what i saw today ??

BigDoug
    I saw a bass boat with a 90 hp motor hanging off the back....................only one problem with it though, at the bottom of the whacker was a jet with a smaller nozzle than normal and all of this was one unit.
    Here you see a full outboard motor and at the bottom was a jet nozzle with no propeller in sight what so ever.................................boy was i confused :idea: .......................anyone else ever see something like this ?

RiverDave
    I saw a bass boat with a 90 hp motor hanging off the back....................only one problem with it though, at the bottom of the whacker was a jet with a smaller nozzle than normal and all of this was one unit.
    Here you see a full outboard motor and at the bottom was a jet nozzle with no propeller in sight what so ever.................................boy was i confused :idea: .......................anyone else ever see something like this ?
    Yep... I'll try to dig up some pictures, but they still sell them (for some unknown reason)
    RD

buzzaro
    I see them often (couple times a year) up here in Norcal. Ive always seen them on alumium river boats rather than bass boats though.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Yamaha offers a 40 hp 60 hp 90 hp and a 115 hp jet outboard:
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/p...00003c34ad.jpg
    Funny thing, they illustrate a 80hp, but the literature only talks up the others.

BigDoug
    Very cool !!.................thanks guys for letting me know that i wasn't going crazy !!.....................it sure was different to see though !!

Devilman
    Seen a couple around here, but not real often, thats for damn sure, LOL... The last one I saw looked similar to this....
    http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/Assets/B...lridge-003.jpg
    http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/Assets/B...lridge-005.jpg
    http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/Assets/B...lridge-004.jpg

Trailer Park Casanova
    Yamaha has made them for a long time.
    Their newest line is 4 stroke.
    I remember when the Boat show had cool seminars and skull sessions that featured lectures on hydrodynamics, design, mechanics ect ect.
    One speaker pointed out the Jet outboard had up to 8% parasitic loss compaired to a equiv prop.
    Damfino, but that's what the guy said.

RiverDave
    Yamaha has made them for a long time.
    Their newest line is 4 stroke.
    I remember when the Boat show had cool seminars and skull sessions that featured lectures on hydrodynamics, design, mechanics ect ect.
    One speaker pointed out the Jet outboard had up to 8% parasitic loss compaired to a equiv prop.
    Damfino, but that's what the guy said.
    8% would be pretty optimistic..
    RD

Jbb
    Pay attention RD......Get a jet...and Go for it!....

Trailer Park Casanova
    8% would be pretty optimistic..
    RD
    Yeah, has to be a big hit on the power and flow.
    Ahhh hell, I don't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast