Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has cause been determined in Baja 30 Splitting & Sinking at L. Powell ?

Wake Havasu
    LAKE POWELL, Ariz. -
    San Diego Vessel Assist used a remote operating vehicle (ROV) to retrieve a sunken 30-ft. powerboat from more than 400 ft. of water in Lake Powell Nov. 11.
    The boat was salvaged at the behest of an insurance company after the vessel's hull allegedly split Sept. 15, killing a Colorado woman. The accident occurred in an area known as The Narrows, at the southwest portion of Lake Powell, near Page, Ariz.
    "The boat was attempting to pass another vessel when it reportedly hit a wake at a high rate of speed, causing the hull to split," stated a Glen Canyon National Recreation Area release.
    http://www.thelog.com/content/img/f199144/4.jpg

Wake Havasu
    I know why it went down but how could it split?
    and was it wake of a tour boat?

ratso
    Wow... a thirty foot boat in 400 ft of water lifted in just over 5 weeks...:jawdrop:

squirt'nmyload
    :jawdrop:400 feet!!! fuccin later.....ya see...coulda had your boat back if you had insurance :hammer2:

OGShocker
    I was in Parker, 16 years ago, when Robby Gordon stopped by with a Baja he owned. He was jumping "white caps" on Havasu when his +30 Baja snapped in half. I told my buddy, "I might own another boat, but I'll never own a Baja".
    sad to hear of the death on this wreck.

Big Warlock
    Wow

Biglue
    Looks like this thread could finally get some heat off Commander, Kachina and the likes.

Big Warlock
    Looks like this thread could finally get some heat off Commander, Kachina and the likes.
    I wouldn't go that far!

spectras only
    No shit ! Friend has a 1998 29' er with 502's . Last year he landed on a 3-4 footer , the engines tore the stringers out and limped home on one keeping it from sinking :2purples: .

DeepVee
    I'd have to think that they stuffed the bow on a wave and either fractured the hull or stripped part of the deck off. This would flood and sink the boat pretty quick.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast