You know I have been doing a lot of thinking about the "holidays" as of late...
The more think back and try to remember what happend on those days... I find myself only able to find 1, yes 1 happy memory. All the other times I can remember had unhappy over tones of some kind or anohter. I have very vivid memorys of my childhood for the most part, but Almost every holiday I can remember. There is something that goes on that completly overshadows any small moment of happiness that may have happend on those days. Thats not to say that I did not have a happy childhood, I just can always remember something( or in most cases some one..."black sheep") would utterly destroy the day for one reason or anohter. People would fight over this or that, waiting for some one to show up, car wrecks and other small injurys, all seemed to get in the way of making what is supose to be a "happy time of year" or atleast thats what "supose" to happen...
Anyways enough of this gloomy Dribble... happy holidays.
My one happy memory is of my grandmother( who I spent lots and lots of time learning to cook with) made a mistake one year making the gravy for thanksgiving, by mistake she grabed the powdered suger instead of the cornstrach to thicken the gravy...