Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Did Your Marriage Grenade?

DILLIGAF
    LOL thats classic... I'm hoping the wife does not come on here and say ours jumped the shark when she got a ride in your boat and I would not buy it for her. Guess I will keep her locked in the basement a few more weeks.
    Naw Jeff...You got a good one there

Ziggy
    Naw Jeff...You got a good one there I'd have to agree 100% with Tom on that one Jeff.
    Enjoy the Keys....Happy B'day to Angie and Merry Christmas too!

mbrown2
    LOL...Good question
    I swear to God this is the conversation. I was married to this woman for 3.5 years and she had two children. I provided for them and was involved with their activities and so forth. I was an excellant step-dad if I say so myself. I took care of them like they were my own. I let her handle the check book and I was given a small (and I mean small) allowance weekly even though I was the MAJOR bread winner....anyhow,
    "Sweetheart, we don't have any money in the checking account"
    "How can that be?"
    "I am just telling you there is nothing in there right now"
    "OK, I am going to take over the check book from now on and I will find the problem"
    "F U. Why don't you just divorce me then"
    "You kidding me? If that is all it takes get the **** out"
    It totally caught me off guard but it felt good to throw that user out on her ass.
    Wow...and to think if the account never dried up you may have got to see that side of her...
    Note to the women, don't ask a question to Tom where one of the answers could be life altering for you.....must have felt real good to show her the exit...just sux that the kids had to deal with her for the rest of their lives.
    GMAN's story still makes my stomach hurt.
    I feel fortunate for the wife I have and with work, love and luck hope to avoid anything but a happy ending.

DILLIGAF
    Wow...and to think if the account never dried up you may have got to see that side of her....must have felt real good to show her the exit...just sux that the kids had to deal with her for the rest of their lives.
    That is the scary thing about it. The savings accounts were emptied out as well as the college funds for her kids and my son. Then she had other CC's I didn't know about. It was my fault to trust her like that though. My bad and I learned from it.
    Yes, it felt very good

Ultracrazy
    Easy question............when told me she wasn't in love with me.

HM
    When I got the baby sitter pregnant.:devil:

SmokinLowriderSS
    The first one, the last time she decided to pick an argument, from 9:30 at night till after 4AM. We enjoyed this habit about 2x a week from early '88 thru early '90. Only on weeknights when I had to work the next morning tho.
    The last time, I loaded every article of clothing she owned in the car and pointed at the door.
    The seccond, after about 2 years in the late '90's of incessantly bouncing checks and not paying bills, even after 2 years of my telling her it would bite me in the ass.
    I have spent the last 2 years trying to fight the DOD revoking my security clerarances and discharging me for financial misconduct. Still don't know if I'll survive for another 14 mos till retirement.:devil:

OGShocker
    I gotta have a few drinks later before I hop on this bandwagon...
    You took the words right outta my mouth!
    You lead by one so, I'll let you drink and type your stories, first.:devil:

Big Warlock
    Was married to an awesome woman. She still is today. We divorced after 2.5 years of trying to have a baby and $120,000 at a fetility clinic. Then we went to counseling to finish off the relationship. Sad that we don't talk any more. I hope she is happy. We never really fought, it just took too much out of us. I didn't want to go home any more. We split up ten years ago and I finally moved away 8 years ago to Arizona to rebuild my life.
    I am now engaged to an awesome woman who has been my friend for the better part of four years. We are going to make a run at it. My personal belief is that communication is essential and you need to work at it every day. We still live in separate homes and have our own lives. But our time together is always quality time. For that I am grateful. She also treats me awesome, which I appreciate. I love her very much. I will make every effort to make it work. Marriage is not always an easy thing.

Big Warlock
    DEAR ABBY
    I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why?
    Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my sailboat trailer next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that dreadful moment, crouching behind my boat, that I noticed a large area of tiny little de-lamination blisters on my keel. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the boat builder? -- Thanks, Fred

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast