Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Boat Sales Just A Myth?

Pussywhippled
    I drive by Commander Boats (in Corona) everyday. The same boats for sale have been sitting there, new and used for months it seems. Are all of the boat mfg's this slow or is it just Commander?
    Here are a couple of scenarios I came up with.
    1. Commander Boats does such a good job designing boats for their inventory lot boats, so they sell them week after week and just keep building the same ones over and over again.
    2. Commander's boat sales are really slow and the boats are just sitting.
    3. All boat mfg's sales are slow, but I don't drive by their places everyday.
    Or maybe we are all still supposed to sugar coat how well the economy and how much disposable income is still floating around Southern California.
    Well I'm off to check out the Spam section to see who needs Christmas money...

HocusPocus
    The boat trader this winter is almost twice as thick as in the previous winters, its going to be the size of a phone book come spring. At one time is was rare to see many boats that were a year or two old, now its packed with them.

From my perspective it is not a myth.

Outnumbered
    Here is the deal. The economy overall is doing pretty well. Unemployment is low, the stock market is near record highs, etc. The problem is that SoCal's economy is powered by home equity. All the inflated toy prices have been fueled by cheap and "free" home equity. Now that most wana-be ballers have blown their home equity wad, home prices are dropping, and their HELOC has adjusted to 8.25% the toys have to go. No more $100k buggies, $200k boats, etc. However, the real ballers are in great shape as they can snatch up some great deals on big baller toys right about now.
    There ya go...the simplified version as viewed by me.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Some are slow and others are not. I've heard that the company that virtually all of the builders buy their resin from is continuing to receive orders for more resin from only two builders.....Don't know the validity of that but that is what I heard.....

Kilrtoy
    Some are slow and others are not. I've heard that the company that virtually all of the builders buy their resin from is continuing to receive orders for more resin from only two builders.....Don't know the validity of that but that is what I heard.....
    I take a shot at that one
    Elim and DCB

Trailer Park Casanova
    Commander got worked over pretty good in the HB forums.
    Could that have had any effect?

Caljamr
    I bought a F150 crew cab 4x4 on Saturday and i asked if sales were slow and said they sold 15 F-150's on Friday. I don't know if that's true but the pickings were slim. Like it was said earlier using that equity for buying toys may not have been the smartest thing to do. I almost jumped on the wagon but i'm just small baller and i'll get to the sandbar just alittle after the big ballers.

OCMerrill
    From my perspective it is not a myth.
    Slow?
    Bummer.
    I purchased this boat as a project that could possibly turn a small profit. Now that I am nearly through it values drop and oops. Oh well.
    So now I will just use it up.

No Name
    I take a shot at that one
    Elim and DCB
    But I thought they were the same thing.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast