Thread: Blower costs ?...... (Mopar)

grimreaper
    on a Mopar 440........what would be the basic costs in a 671 setup? ..... how much better is a REAL intake VS a carb intake adapt? Any one with any parts?

Liberator TJ1984
    For a good set up you are probably loking at around 4 grand ...scoop ,carbs ,and blower assy.
    I would spend very little more money and go with an 8/71 over the 6/71...that way you can underdrive it and still make good boost with the room to move to a bigger motor later if you wanted and still have enough blower..I am running a 8/71 on 454 @ 12% under ..makes 6# boost
    the price between a 6 and a 8 is almost nothing..
    Gopherrr

Blown 472
    grimreaper:
    on a Mopar 440........what would be the basic costs in a 671 setup? ..... how much better is a REAL intake VS a carb intake adapt? Any one with any parts? Get the blower intake as it is much better than an carb dealio.
    I got my stuff from Kuhls.
    One more thang, if you do a 440 and dont like the snout mounted idler, I built a idler mount for the front of the block and it dont move under boost.
    [ June 13, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Blown 472

Heatseeker
    I'd say go with the 8-71 also. For the above reasons and the fact that a smaller blower running harder to create the desired boost is going to run hotter. That will make the mixture being fed to the engine hotter. We all know a cooler charge is a better charge.
    Go for it!

grimreaper
    THX Guyz........my application is more from the looks standpoint more than HP. How would you suggest that I consider setting this up then? This maybe would sound like a stupid basic Q.....what is the measurement spec diff between a 6 and 871 ? # of side ribs?
    472...that moder looks awful familiar !! what brand of intake is that?

Liberator TJ1984
    Can't go by the # of ribs ...they will vary by Mfr. Castings. I think it is BDS or Holley website that has demensions listed on Blower size and specs. Like stated earlier if you can pick up an 8/71 I think that would be better.Mine is a Weiand ,the 8 was only like $ 225.00 more than the 6 . and like Heatseeker said you won't heat up your motor as bad as you can under drive the heck out of it...just my 2*

Blown 472
    grimreaper:
    THX Guyz........my application is more from the looks standpoint more than HP. How would you suggest that I consider setting this up then? This maybe would sound like a stupid basic Q.....what is the measurement spec diff between a 6 and 871 ? # of side ribs?
    472...that moder looks awful familiar !! what brand of intake is that? I got the intake from kuhls with the kit. I see them for sale and not too badly priced.

Liberator TJ1984
    Liberator TJ1984:
    Can't go by the # of ribs ...they will vary by Mfr. Castings. I think it is BDS or Holley website that has demensions listed on Blower size and specs. Like stated earlier if you can pick up an 8/71 I think that would be better.Mine is a Weiand ,the 8 was only like $ 225.00 more than the 6 . and like Heatseeker said you won't heat up your motor as bad as you can under drive the heck out of it...just my 2* Supercharger Type Approximate CID or Air
    Per Revolution
    Pro-Street 142 142 cfm
    Pro-Street 177 177
    Pro-Street 256 256
    Weiand 6-71 411
    Weiand 8-71 436
    Weiand 10-71 469
    Weiand 12-71 497
    Weiand 14-71 522
    It is Holley.com SuperChargers go to general info section all you need to know is there
    Good Hunting wink