Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn Car Dealers

TexasChopper
    Is there a such thing as a car dealer that is not a scum bag? I had my deal all set on a new wrangler... they were giving me 1645.00 off MSRP, and they were giving me a satisfactory price on my trade. Now they are playing around in finance trying make more money on the backend with a 7.75% interest rate (i have great credit and low DTI) I understand a car salesman is not there to work for free, and I'm willing to bet the electric bill for that dealership is 10K a month, so go ahead and make some money fine, but don't bait, switch, and play around with numbers. I'm still getting a Jeep, just looks as if I may have to travel a few miles to SC, or FL.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Try getting financed thru your bank and tell the finance officer at the dealership to go fawk himself.

TexasChopper
    I think we can go through Capital One for 6.25%. We are looking into that now

ratso
    In some dealerships, the business and finance managers have too much freedom to try and gouge the customer on interest... I've seen deals lost once they get to the finance department.

YeLLowBoaT
    car dealerships skrew you more in the back room then they do on the sale floor... been that way forever.

Hardly Satisfied
    Is there a such thing as a car dealer that is not a scum bag? I had my deal all set on a new wrangler... they were giving me 1645.00 off MSRP, and they were giving me a satisfactory price on my trade. Now they are playing around in finance trying make more money on the backend with a 7.75% interest rate (i have great credit and low DTI) I understand a car salesman is not there to work for free, and I'm willing to bet the electric bill for that dealership is 10K a month, so go ahead and make some money fine, but don't bait, switch, and play around with numbers. I'm still getting a Jeep, just looks as if I may have to travel a few miles to SC, or FL.
    Go and get your own loan, they make tons of money off of loans from different banks. There not loseing Money like you think they are

TOBTEK
    speaking as a F&I guy for 20 years......... they MAYBE trying to get into your panties from the SALES MANGER deck not the F&I's. MOST deals are worked from the sales manger.
    VERY simple solution..... have them write you on a 5 day option contract. You can take your new car now, and Will give you 5 days to bring the dealership a check from YOUR bank. And trust me, the dealership WILL find more competive rates real fast

LAND_LOVER69
    Just ask them what the buy rate is for the loan. I don't know about your state but in the great state of Maryland, if a customer asks me what the buy rate is on a car loan I leagally have to disclose that to the customer!
    Also note that there are some good dealerships out there you just gotta find them. I charge generally 1 point to every customer that walks into the door. Still better than the standard walk in rate at the same bank.

YeLLowBoaT
    Best way to buy a car is to birng in the cash... setting 10k down on the table does wonders for making killer deals...

yopengo
    speaking as a F&I guy for 20 years......... they MAYBE trying to get into your panties from the SALES MANGER deck not the F&I's. MOST deals are worked from the sales manger.
    VERY simple solution..... have them write you on a 5 day option contract. You can take your new car now, and Will give you 5 days to bring the dealership a check from YOUR bank. And trust me, the dealership WILL find more competive rates real fast
    Great idea and check out Costco. They usually have great deals on auto loans with CapOne.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast