Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who know's this boat?

BigBoyToys
    You'll see my circle racing background in March at Ming when I make my Drag Debut.... Can we say 3 second reaction time? eek! My competition will probably be an 1/8 mile down the course by the time I'm leaving the line
    I'm used to rolling starts and clock starts.... wink

GofastRacer
    BigBoyToys:
    In the '70's we ran NJBA at Parker....Yes
    In the '80's it was primarily APBA only. We ran a Jet Boat Called "Banana Split" number was 747 (with NJBA,AJBA) and 748 (APBA) "Banana Split" sounds familiar??,I'm sure I seen it, you must remember Jeff Payne!..

[/QUOTE]"Banana Split" sounds familiar??,I'm sure I seen it, you must remember Jeff Payne!.. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Now you're talkin' my neck of the woods. I knew Jeff not only because he was a local, but also from the years I worked for Roger. He'd hang out at the shop quite a bit. His yardage shop was over on Bellflower blvd. He also went to High School with my dad.
    Kinda wigged out over the last few years and has been un-seen for a while. Dunno where he is now.
    Those Rogers Dragstars flatties are pretty few and far between. Advantage has had those molds since the mid 80's. Along with the 18 bubble and a few others. Or at least they did had. Who knows now.

TX flat
    checking my memory a bit here, but was there a rogers jet that ran in the early 70's with the #747 that was painted red white and blue with stars painted on it???? ran in apba and scsc. You know who Kenny is that did all the finish work and painting on the Rogers??. Back in 73 a family friend knew him and we took our biesemeyer to him to do some striping and fades. The boat was built identical to Jullians "coldfire" less the flames, which "coldfire" was the name of the color green it was. Well this is how we got it back http://www.geocities.com/harvick_29@...net/index.html Dad said they pulled a mold off of the splash rail on the back thats flips back and prob pulled gelcoat and had to repaint the whole boat. we didnt bitch with the kickass job he gave us

GofastRacer
    old rigger:
    "Banana Split" sounds familiar??,I'm sure I seen it, you must remember Jeff Payne!.. [/b][/QUOTE]
    Now you're talkin' my neck of the woods. I knew Jeff not only because he was a local, but also from the years I worked for Roger. He'd hang out at the shop quite a bit. His yardage shop was over on Bellflower blvd. He also went to High School with my dad.
    Kinda wigged out over the last few years and has been un-seen for a while. Dunno where he is now.
    Those Rogers Dragstars flatties are pretty few and far between. Advantage has had those molds since the mid 80's. Along with the 18 bubble and a few others. Or at least they did had. Who knows now. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I been over to his place before. I don't know what happened to him, lost track of him when he quit NJBA, he used to run the circle deal and Valerie worked in the tower!..

LeE ss13
    I remember Jeff from my 11 years with NJBA in the '80s and early '90s. He was president for a couple of years. He was involved with a new 18' foot Jet Drag Boat. I forget what they were called. And what ever happed to Wilder Craft boats ???

GofastRacer
    LeE ss13:
    I remember Jeff from my 11 years with NJBA in the '80s and early '90s. He was president for a couple of years. He was involved with a new 18' foot Jet Drag Boat. I forget what they were called. And what ever happed to Wilder Craft boats ??? Yeah, you could always spot Jeff with that roll bar in his boat huh!, LOL. Didn't Gene Wilder die and then they just folded up??, I thought I heard that once???..Maybe I'm wrong?..

TX, I couldn't see anything on that link you posted but a bunch of numbers and letters?
    Kenny, at BK Boat repair, is still in biz in the same location he's been at for years. Did all Rogers caps, tooling on the plugs, and molds. By far, still the best glass man around.
    GoFast,
    the last thing I remember Jeff working on was some hunk of shit that he was trying to put together on the cheap. Had a Rogers 18 bottom and a Bahner deck half glassed to it that was no where close to matching up. Sat at Rogers for a long time, Roger called me up to see if I wanted the thing, just to get it out of the yard. I passed, it was even to rough for me to want, and that's rough. It was a turd, but Jeff had a motor stashed somewhere (yeah, right) and was gonna set the jet boat world on it's ear.
    I saw Jeff right when he leased out his big building to a Christen school to be used as a thrift store. He kept the little shop to do his re-upholstery work out of. Took some stuff by there to be worked on later and the guys running the shop hadn't seen him for months.
    He's been MIA for a loooooong time now.
    [ February 23, 2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

1Bahnerjet
    Found This [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/43C.jpg[/img]
    -------------
    Drive what you own and like what you Drive

BigBoyToys
    1Bahnerjet:
    Found This [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/43C.jpg[/img]
    -------------
    Drive what you own and like what you Drive Cool pic! Never seen that one before

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast