Thread: head selection

jstapplayer2003
    would like to go to aluminum been looking around, would like some advise on brands .....dart, etc:idea: :idea: :idea:

Moneypitt
    would like to go to aluminum been looking around, would like some advise on brands .....dart, etc:idea: :idea: :idea:
    Airflow Research.....Top of the line........

steelcomp
    Depends on the application and budget. Best bang for the $$ is the Canfield. The top performing setup that I know of is the Brodix BB2X with a CNC port. They seem to work a little better than the AFR's. Off the shelf, the AFR's are pretty popular. Under 500ci, and in a jet (limited rpm) you're not going to get much better for your $$ than the Canfield 310's.

jstapplayer2003
    Depends on the application and budget. Best bang for the $$ is the Canfield. The top performing setup that I know of is the Brodix BB2X with a CNC port. They seem to work a little better than the AFR's. Off the shelf, the AFR's are pretty popular. Under 500ci, and in a jet (limited rpm) you're not going to get much better for your $$ than the Canfield 310's.
    ty...I have 454 going through the whole thing ...just want the right set-up....heads,valve train(roller),esp rods....trying to get more rpm,like around6200......everyone is very helpfull with their input ...good and bad.....thanks again:idea:

VDRIVERACING
    ty...I have 454 going through the whole thing ...just want the right set-up....heads,valve train(roller),esp rods....trying to get more rpm,like around6200......everyone is very helpfull with their input ...good and bad.....thanks again:idea:
    You might also want to take a look at the RHS heads. They iron heads are less expensive than the Canfield aluminum heads, just depends how much you have your heart set on aluminum heads. The RHS Pro Toplines are well finished right out of the box.

jstapplayer2003
    You might also want to take a look at the RHS heads. They iron heads are less expensive than the Canfield aluminum heads, just depends how much you have your heart set on aluminum heads. The RHS Pro Toplines are well finished right out of the box.
    100% on aluminum for weight purposes, trying to lighten up the transom side....its only a 18 1/2 foot baja, already moved fuel tanks 4 feet forward which i feel should help alot....basically im looking for heads that are compatable with hyd roller and rpm's between 6000-6500 which wont require a bunch of machine work:idea: all info greatly appreciated

steelcomp
    100% on aluminum for weight purposes, trying to lighten up the transom side....its only a 18 1/2 foot baja, already moved fuel tanks 4 feet forward which i feel should help alot....basically im looking for heads that are compatable with hyd roller and rpm's between 6000-6500 which wont require a bunch of machine work:idea: all info greatly appreciatedI would definately look at the Canfield 310's.
    Sent you a PM.

Moneypitt
    Our AFR heads just showed up in BHC.......I haven't seen them yet, but Mike says they're "real pretty, and we aint painting them!!" I have to wait until the 4th to go over and check them out..........Ray
    PS: Herbert had the best deal on them, but the 5 week wait is now 6 to 8 weeks..........So, he called Jeg's. They had them on the shelve and matched Herberts price, whata deal!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My AFR's should arrive next week Ill snap a pic and show peeps how puuuurdy they are

junkyardhunter
    I have been running some Edelbrock oval ports I am very happy with them.They are not race heads but they work for me.