Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Boat Maybe ?

sawtooth
    I was headed up to Havasu to spend Christmas with my Dad late this afternoon on HWY. 177 and pulled off the road to releive myself an low and behold the big dirt mound I pull behind had a boat sitting there.....in the middel of the desert, about 100 - 150 yards off the HWY. I am talking a nice boat, the motors are missing (it's a twin setup) and the drives are missing. The boat is a 32' - 34' Eliminator cat that is white with purple and yellow graphic on both sides, it is sitting on a very nice triple axle Competitive trailer that is purple. It has stand off box'es that are purple with GS Marine stickers on them. The boat has Lake Havasu sticker on the rear transom and a great white shark sticker on each side and the rear transom.
    I first thouhgt that maybe somebody had car/truck trouble and had to leave it or maybe had trailer trouble (flat tire, wheel bearing, etc.) not the case, trailer is in great shape. As nice as this boat is whoever owns it I do not think they would just leave it like this, no tounge lock, safety cables laying in dirt, it just did not seem right, the trim cylinders for the drives are just hanging there.....not the way you would tow, atleast tie them up. It is just a gut feeling that I have that it is either a stolen boat or a insurance job.
    I called it into the CHP non emergency and gave them the closest mile marker and the closest call box (about 12 - 13 miles from the 10 FWY. and whatever details I could, boat also did not have any CF or AZ #s that I saw, (also makes me think stolen) said they would look into it. I told them that I was going to post it on this site and they said to go ahead.
    I took a couple pictures of it but do not know how to post them so if sombody is willing to do that I will e-mail them and maybe someone will reconize this boat. I hope that I am wrong about all this for the sake of the people that own it, not very cool at Christmas time.....or any time for that matter.
    I tried to get this up sooner but my Dads computor was having issues and I had to reset it and it is on dial up, very slow. I will check back in the AM and see if anyone knows anything about this boat or is willing to post the pictures. Again I hope I am wrong about this but my gut tells me no and it is right 98.9% of the time.
    Thanks, Chris.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Check your PM's

BigDoug
    Wow.....................you are probably right about it either being stolen or an ins. job ?.........................i hope somebody can identify this boat !!

YeLLowBoaT
    From the pics I would say stolen...
    might be a INS fraud...

sawtooth
    Thanks for posting the pictures Scott. Maybe someone will know sombody or know the owner. I do not know how long it has been out there but the longer it sits the more chance of the rest of it being striped. It looked like it had full gauges still in it and most likely a stereo but I did not want to climb up on it and look in side (finger prints). I just picture people like in the movie Mad Max coming out of no where and picking the thing clean in a matter of seconds.

HocusPocus
    i can't imagine anyone who owned that boat leaving it out there like that, gotta be something fishy going on. :idea:

W.O.T
    its probably stolen. looks like they still left alot of expensive stuff on the boat if thats the case.

QuickJet
    its probably stolen. looks like they still left alot of expensive stuff on the boat if thats the case.
    Yup. That way someone else might take the bait and ultamatly get caught for the crime. The original theives take only what they absolutley have to and leave the rest for the vultures to feed off of. That way evidence of the original theives is usually deluted by less talented and less carefull theives who usually leave fingerprints and advertise the stolen parts on craigslist.
    CHP friend told me this.

W.O.T
    Yup. That way someone else might take the bait and ultamatly get caught for the crime. The original theives take only what they absolutley have to and leave the rest for the vultures to feed off of. That way evidence of the original theives is usually deluted by less talented and less carefull theives who usually leave fingerprints and advertise the stolen parts on craigslist.
    CHP friend told me this.
    wow thats pretty crazy. the theives know the real money is in the motors and drives. they probably did the work in less than a day and dumped the boat. taking out guages and other minor stuff is a waste of time im sure.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast