Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to the dyno...

BrendellaJet
    How much power do you think it will make?
    Chevrolet 548. Compression is pump gas friendly, but would be considered pushing the limits by some(Lets say 10.5:1 for conversation sake). Heads are Canfield CNC 330's with crane cams shaft rockers. Edelbrock Victor Junior ported at Wilson Manifolds. Holley HP 950, Basset Headers, MSD Digital 6 plus ignition & pro billet distributor. Solid roller with .700 lift, Olsen pan. Going with Pete Jackson noisy gear drive because I love the sound.
    I know, #'s are vague, partially because I dont know them, others because Im paying someone for their professional services & knowledge & I dont feel like divulging any info that I have had to pay for. Plus, he'd probably hit me over the head if I did. Motor is being built by DNE.
    I know what my goal is. Curious to see what everyone thinks it will do on the dyno. Supposed to go late this coming week.

v-drive
    Well I think it's gonna pass a few. Just enjoy the boat you've worked so hard to have.......V-drive (aka) pop

At least 250!!
    Steve

I have started & erased a post three times.
    First, I will agree a dyno is a decent tool for setting up a motor if you are running a jet. I have heard it is real good or selecting a scoop.
    Second, Why does it matter what HP your motor makes. I would have more fun saying it makes maybe a little over 300 hp after you rip by the beach a little over a buck 10 or so.
    It is almost like being a democrat, If you wan't to spout about the numbers your boat makes, you probably don't wan't to learn about what a dyno is really all about. Think about it.
    Like said above. Get her running & enjoy it.
    Gotta go, I'm out of nog.
    Kid

Not enough specs to make any educated guesses but Ill throw out 865 HP. Thats 1.58 hp per ci.

MikeF
    858.......and yes, it's a guess. Should be pretty snappy with that carb.

Wait let me get desktop dyno running.

BrendellaJet
    Hey, the boards are slow & I thought I could give people something to think about for 2 minutes. I definitely didn't post it so you could re-think your dyno rant 3 times over. There is a nother thread for that.
    Im going to the dyno cuz I spent a lot of money on this project and I want to see it get beat up on the dyno before I unleash my right foot on it!
    300 my ass.

Hey, the boards are slow & I thought I could give people something to think about for 2 minutes. I definitely didn't post it so you could re-think your dyno rant 3 times over. There is a nother thread for that.
    Im going to the dyno cuz I spent a lot of money on this project and I want to see it get beat up on the dyno before I unleash my right foot on it!
    300 my ass.
    Ok, Ok,
    I'm bored to.
    Good luck, hope it runs good.

v-drive
    I have started & erased a post three times.
    First, I will agree a dyno is a decent tool for setting up a motor if you are running a jet. I have heard it is real good or selecting a scoop.
    Second, Why does it matter what HP your motor makes. I would have more fun saying it makes maybe a little over 300 hp after you rip by the beach a little over a buck 10 or so.
    It is almost like being a democrat, If you wan't to spout about the numbers your boat makes, you probably don't wan't to learn about what a dyno is really all about. Think about it.
    Like said above. Get her running & enjoy it.
    Gotta go, I'm out of nog.
    Kid
    I think you've had enough nog.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast