Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoomies

78Eliminator
    I am thinking about getting some zoomies. Are they legal in AZ? Are there any drawbacks? Any comments appreciated.

Blown 472
    loud????

78Eliminator
    Blown 472:
    loud????I like loud. I don't like people being able to talk when they're getting a ride.

Livin Large 27Hallett
    Loud is cool for about one boat trip, then they get a little annoying

78Eliminator
    Livin Large 27Hallett:
    Loud is cool for about one boat trip, then they get a little annoyingThe short collecter headers I have are loud as hell, but I can't get enough of them.

Blown 472
    I read somewhere that motors that run carbs and have a plenum need a collected header to help scavange and start the fresh charge coming into the cylinder, where as blown or injected motors dont need them, I think it was the chevy engine building book.

78Eliminator
    Blown 472:
    I read somewhere that motors that run carbs and have a plenum need a collected header to help scavange and start the fresh charge coming into the cylinder, where as blown or injected motors dont need them, I think it was the chevy engine building book.That is the reply I was looking for . I suspected that a NA motor needs the exhaust vacuum, but wasn't sure....

Blown 472
    Now that I think about it, it was the building big block chevy engines book, some old book with big block on the cover, said something about the header design and creating a ventury in the collector, if you look at the mpd website you will see a side shot of a header that has that in it.

HavasuDreamin'
    I have seen some pro gas hydros and such that run zoomies? What gives?

Blown 472
    HavasuDreamin':
    I have seen some pro gas hydros and such that run zoomies? What gives? Dunno, just relaying what I have read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast