Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems starting

Jetdriver
    I have a quick ?, wife has a 99 tahoe, i have changed the plugs the cap, rotor and coil. Fuel filter as well, but it is still having a hard time starting. Its not everytime but becoming more and more frequent. Once it starts it runs great, any idea what is causing this???

Wet Dream
    Fuel pump

IMPATIENT 1
    I have a quick ?, wife has a 99 tahoe, i have changed the plugs the cap, rotor and coil. Fuel filter as well, but it is still having a hard time starting. Its not everytime but becoming more and more frequent. Once it starts it runs great, any idea what is causing this???
    IF IT THE NEW BODY SYTYLE(99-06)TAHOE,CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE FOR A DIAPHRAM FOR A RUPTURE. JUST PULL OFF THE VACCUM LINE FROM IT AND TURN THE KEY OFF AND ON A COUPLE OFF TIMES AND SEE IF FUEL COMES OUTTA THE PORT ON THE REGULATOR.IF IT DOES ,REPLACE IT.
    I SEE THIS PROBLEM EVERYDAY(GM MASTER TECH) AND IT'LL ACT LIKE IT'S FLOODED WHEN STARTING.THE FUEL LEAKS BACK INTO THE INTAKE VIA THE VACCUM LINE AND FLOODS IT.

Jetdriver
    IF IT THE NEW BODY SYTYLE(99-06)TAHOE,CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE FOR A DIAPHRAM FOR A RUPTURE. JUST PULL OFF THE VACCUM LINE FROM IT AND TURN THE KEY OFF AND ON A COUPLE OFF TIMES AND SEE IF FUEL COMES OUTTA THE PORT ON THE REGULATOR.IF IT DOES ,REPLACE IT.
    I SEE THIS PROBLEM EVERYDAY(GM MASTER TECH) AND IT'LL ACT LIKE IT'S FLOODED WHEN STARTING.THE FUEL LEAKS BACK INTO THE INTAKE VIA THE VACCUM LINE AND FLOODS IT.
    Its actually the old body style. Does this still apply? If so can you point me in the right direction as to where I can find this?
    Thank you

Wet Dream
    How much fuel pressure do you have?

JAY4SPEED
    Fuel pump
    Most common cause for extended cranking that we see at our store.

JAY4SPEED
    How much fuel pressure do you have?
    Ditto, this would tell us a lot. Get a fuel pressure gauge and get a reading. Also watch the needle and see if the pressure bleeds down rapidly after the pump shuts off.

Jetdriver
    Where do I hook a fuel pressure guage up to under the hood? Any idea where I can get a guage????

IMPATIENT 1
    Its actually the old body style. Does this still apply? If so can you point me in the right direction as to where I can find this?
    Thank you
    DOESN'T APPLY TO YOURS. IF IT HAS A SBC THE FUEL PRESSURE PORT WILL BE ON THE BIGGER FUEL LINE GOIN INTO YOUR INTAKE ON THE LH SIDE BACK OF THE INTAKE. IF IT HAS A BBC THEN IT'LL BE RITE UP FRT. IN THE MIDDLE RITE UNDER THE INTAKE. CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST 45-50PSI WHEN YOU FIRST TURN THE KEY ON. LET IT SET FOR AT LEAST 30SECONDS AND WATCH TO SEE IF FUEL PRESSURE LEAKS OFF TO FAST.IF IT DOES LEAK OFF FAST ,I'D SUSPECT A INJECTOR LEAK OR A REGULATOR LEAK.
    LET ME KNOW WHAT YA GOT,MOTOR,AND ETC. AND MAYBE I CAN GET YA ALITTLE CLOSER ON IT.

Jetdriver
    DOESN'T APPLY TO YOURS. IF IT HAS A SBC THE FUEL PRESSURE PORT WILL BE ON THE BIGGER FUEL LINE GOIN INTO YOUR INTAKE ON THE LH SIDE BACK OF THE INTAKE. IF IT HAS A BBC THEN IT'LL BE RITE UP FRT. IN THE MIDDLE RITE UNDER THE INTAKE. CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST 45-50PSI WHEN YOU FIRST TURN THE KEY ON. LET IT SET FOR AT LEAST 30SECONDS AND WATCH TO SEE IF FUEL PRESSURE LEAKS OFF TO FAST.IF IT DOES LEAK OFF FAST ,I'D SUSPECT A INJECTOR LEAK OR A REGULATOR LEAK.
    LET ME KNOW WHAT YA GOT,MOTOR,AND ETC. AND MAYBE I CAN GET YA ALITTLE CLOSER ON IT.
    Its a 99 Hoe with the 5.7l vortec motor in it. 4x4 Is there anything else you need to know? Also, what does it mean with or without RFI Filter pump?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast