Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends competing against friends....

DILLIGAF
    Do any of you have any friends that "compete" against you in life, etc? What if you aren't even aware they compete with you until someone brings it up? Does it really come down to their own lack of self-worth? Is it just jealousy because they don't have happiness in their own lives? Why do they do this? You know...the whole keeping up with the Joneses dealio. F THE JONES.
    I feel sad for people who do this as they will never win the game because there will always be someone else to come along and beat them at their own sick game. Sort of like trying to have the fastest boat. There is almost always someone faster.

Jyruiz
    I use to.

DILLIGAF
    I use to.
    Did you just blow them off Juan and move on?

YeLLowBoaT
    I have several friend that are "competors", then again we are in the same line of work.
    its kind of funny every time some one get's a new tool we all seem to get something simlar or better. Thats normally after we see how much time it saves.

talkinghead
    IMO, after years of observation - the #1 driving force for most people by far is the need to feel superior to other people.
    That's why people pick certain occupations, buy certain boats, drive certain vehicles, etc...the list goes on and on.

Jyruiz
    Did you just blow them off Juan and move on?
    Funny thing is, he just showed up at my buddies house the other day. No, he just stoped hanging out with us because we brought it to his attention, and I guess he did not like. Last time I saw him was at a buddies house and he insisted we play bball because he had been playing so much of it. now this guy is 6'2 and I am 5'9, there was 4 of us and we played 2 on 2 and I offered to take our friend who never ever plays bball. This also happened when I was 30lbs over weight. I told him that my teammate (who never ever plays and is bad) was going to score the first 3 points before I score so they better start out good. Well, it was 3 to 3 after my friend scored the first 3 ( took a while too) and we won 11 to 3. Here is the funniest part, he told his girlfriend to watch that it would not take long. Well, after the game she asked me where I played my college ball, when I said I never played in college and that this was the first time in 3 years I had picked up a bball, my competitive friend was upset he left with his girlfriend and I have not heard from him since.
    Forgot to add that he was guarding me and I was guarding him.

DILLIGAF
    Funny thing is, he just showed up at my buddies house the other day. No, he just stoped hanging out with us because we brought it to his attention, and I guess he did not like. Last time I saw him was at a buddies house and he insisted we play bball because he had been playing so much of it. now this guy is 6'2 and I am 5'9, there was 4 of us and we played 2 on 2 and I offered to take our friend who never ever plays bball. This also happened when I was 30lbs over weight. I told him that my teammate (who never ever plays and is bad) was going to score the first 3 points before I score so they better start out good. Well, it was 3 to 3 after my friend scored the first 3 ( took a while too) and we won 11 to 3. Here is the funniest part, he told his girlfriend to watch that it would not take long. Well, after the game she asked me where I played my college ball, when I said I never played in college and that this was the first time in 3 years I had picked up a bball, my competitive friend was upset he left with his girlfriend and I have not heard from him since.
    Forgot to add that he was guarding me and I was guarding him.
    Been there with that kind of shit. Made you chuckle when he left didn't it?

Jyruiz
    Been there with that kind of shit. Made you chuckle when he left didn't it?

Not as much as my other friends did. He was competitive with everything I purchased, I got a ski, he had to get a faster one, didn't happen though. Finally it got to the point where I was succeding in life and work a lot more and making some good moves. Well, he first started talking bad about me behind my back and my other friends just told him to shut up and be happy for me, guess he couldn't be so I think the game in front of his GF was the straw that broke the camels back. I hope he is doing better than before and wish him the best.

rmarion
    those types are not friends..............
    if they are, it's time to make new friends...........

DILLIGAF
    those types are not friends..............
    if they are, it's time to make new friends...........
    I hear you but I think we all have had a few of those around in the past.
    Hope you and your family had a nice Xmas

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast