Thread: fuel tanks

cphaller
    alright so I am new to this forum but hopefully y'all can help out a little. i am redoing a 76 sanger that i purchased and i was thinking about getting rid of the two fuel tanks that are on the sides and maybe using that space for much needed storage. i was thinking about putting one 11 gallon tank either directly in front of the engine or directly behind it mounted sideways. where are some other safe places people have mounted the tank(s) just for some ideas? thanks!

jetboat
    try installing one in the middle,and if your planning to have a rear seat,it covers it.had saddle tanks years ago,and could never keep them ballanced.however,some have mastered the balance.its up to you.

Wicked Performance Boats
    My idea is to have a false floor with one underneath. You could still have a balsa floor! Budlight

SmokinLowriderSS
    You're about to discover that 11 gal of gas will only run you between 1 and 2 hours, depending on how hard you push the loud pedal down, and that's cruising 1-2 hrs. A good several-mile blast, will make it's presence known.
    My Taylor has a 20-gal tank under the back seat. I get between 2 1/2 hrs of kinda hard cruising and 3 1/2 to 4 hrs of waterskiing out of a full tank.

Ken F
    I carry 48 gallons, and have never regretted it!
    I can boat all day, and then go fill up with some cheap gas at a service station.
    Ken

SmokinLowriderSS
    I carry 48 gallons, and have never regretted it!
    I can boat all day, and then go fill up with some cheap gas at a service station.
    Ken
    Lucky focker. :devil:

Ken F
    No, not lucky....just good advice from you know who..
    Ken