Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plasma or LCD

full throttle
    Looking for a new TV for the bedroom, and have decided on a 42" to hang on the wall. Looking for insight on the choice between the Plasma & the LCD. I am not going to subscribe to HDTV now, just have regular dish network sat. Better picture? Lifespan? Need help.

Riverless
    Looking for a new TV for the bedroom, and have decided on a 42" to hang on the wall. Looking for insight on the choice between the Plasma & the LCD. I am not going to subscribe to HDTV now, just have regular dish network sat. Better picture? Lifespan? Need help.
    lots of threads on this, do a search.

HOTPURSUIT
    I personally like LCD's better..I have a plasma in the living room and an lcd in my bedroom... LCD's are more expensive, but are lighter in weight and I have heard that the picture lasts longer.. I really dont know if one has a better picture than the other.. Plasmas definitely have a standard darker picture tho.

RP2
    I have a Plasma in the family room and an LCD in each bedroom and garage. I would go with the LCD hands down.

beaverretriever
    I would have to disagree with the LCD being better, especially in larger sizes.
    I currently have a 50" Fujitsu Plasma and it is great.
    LCDs are darker. I hate watching movies like Miami Vice or Sin City and having to try to see the small details. Just my humble opinion.
    Good Luck.

Beer-30
    Plasma will be a better picture than LCD, hands down. The only reason to go LCD right now is if you want 1080p, they are the only "reasonably" priced models.
    I just got a Panasonic TH-50PX6U. 50" Plasma for the bedroom. Had it about 2 weeks now and just love it. I would have gone more bells, whistles, and resolution for living room - but this is absolutely ideal for bedroom. $2290 out the door from Costco, and that was with the $85 angle-wall mount. I didn't care about 1080p, just wanted a nice, affordable 1080i with an HD tuner built in. This is the entry level for that.
    I also have standard (for now) DishNetwork, and it is a catch-22. The picture is better than my old tube, but the Plasma is so nice that it shows all the flaws in broadcasts.
    My bro in law brought his Playstation-III with him during Xmas stay. We watched a blu-ray DVD at 1080i via HDMI cable, and it was stunning. Too nice for a bedroom TV, so I am happy with my purchase.

cc322
    After shopping for a new tv I went to Howards and the guy told me that plasmas were going on there way out, and that lcd's were going to take over, and as far as quality he fills that the Sony has the best lcd technology out at the moment, Mitsubishi has the best dlp. Not sure how much of what he said is true, but I believe the guys at Howards (they are very well trained on product) way more then the teenagers at Best buy or Circut City. Needless to say I walked away with out a tv

Aqua Boogie1
    I have a LCD in the livingroom. I looked at a few, but I did hear LCD does last longer per Best Buy and Frys.

Go to Fry's, spend a few hours looking at all the units.
    I have both, lcd and plasma, the lcd's picture quality is far superior. When I was looking at Fry's, I did not find any plasma that could compare with the lcd. Then again, " beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Havasu1986
    I have a 50" Samsung DLP w/HD and the picture is awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast