Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayenne Turbo Questions...

Froggystyle
    Anyone got one? The only one I am interested in is the Turbo, and I heard a couple of negatives about after the sale service.
    Anyone got real-world information about this? My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift...

OGShocker
    Anyone got one? The only one I am interested in is the Turbo, and I heard a couple of negatives about after the sale service.
    Anyone got real-world information about this? My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift...
    Wes, you might be better off posting this in the Bench Racer section. j/k

phebus
    My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift...
    Mine does that now. You just need to eat more Mexican food

ChumpChange
    If you need a good Porsche contact, I have one at Walter's in Riverside.

haulina29
    This thread will end up like his hauler thread and he will justify a VW turbo J/K froggy

HM
    My Dad is on his 2nd Cayenne Turbo, and this one is the Cayenne Turbo S. The reason he is on his 2nd is that he HAD to have the 520HP motor. This is his daily driver and he loves it. He tows his 25' Connelly V-drive with it, which is a big heavy boat. He says the wheel base feels a bit short when you are on hoopty over-passes, but other than that he says it tows great. His previous tow vehicle was a 3/4 ton suburban with a whippled 454. I think the Cayennes are pushing 3 tons (6,000 lbs) gvw - so they are stable tow vehicles.
    I don't remember him having any issues with his Cayenne. He has talked to a few other owners that complained of tire wear - which is contributed to the driver.
    I can't drive that car because they would lock me up!

Froggystyle
    If you need a good Porsche contact, I have one at Walter's in Riverside.
    I have heard there are some nightmares with regard to service with the turbo version, but it is the only one I am interested in.
    I am hoping to find a tricked out used one with some great mods instead of having to do it all myself. I have been looking around and the used ones with great mods (bigger turbos, turbo timers, rims, tires, grille, exhaust etc...) are selling for very little more than the same year and mileage used. Some had $20K plus in trick stuff for no additional price.
    Additionally, they appear to all be pretty low mileage. I am finding 2004 with 15,000 on the ticker and such. I will probably be getting an '06 if I get one, but just keeping an eye on them.
    I was showing someone one of them I was looking at and he told me to do more research into the problems they were having and warranty work.
    Anyone know anything about that?

Froggystyle
    My Dad is on his 2nd Cayenne Turbo, and this one is the Cayenne Turbo S. The reason he is on his 2nd is that he HAD to have the 520HP motor. This is his daily driver and he loves it. He tows his 25' Connelly V-drive with it, which is a big heavy boat. He says the wheel base feels a bit short when you are on hoopty over-passes, but other than that he says it tows great. His previous tow vehicle was a 3/4 ton suburban with a whippled 454. I think the Cayennes are pushing 3 tons (6,000 lbs) gvw - so they are stable tow vehicles.
    I don't remember him having any issues with his Cayenne. He has talked to a few other owners that complained of tire wear - which is contributed to the driver.
    I can't drive that car because they would lock me up!
    Good stuff there! I love to hear that. I won't be towing with it. I will be commuting to and from work a short distance and using it to drive all around with.

ChumpChange
    When I got my Porsche, I found some forums that were very insightful on these cars. Can't remember off hand but I'm sure you can find the site if my computer illiterate self could.

zerotollerance
    There are some very good Porsche (pro) shops out there with passion in the product and customer service-
    keep your eyes open and your wallet shut while you are learning..
    Kinda like the marine industry but with many consumer controls(that is good).
    http://www.rennlist.com/racing/
    very good source to find out more info on what you are considering. It is worth the cost of joining if you are just getting into the porsche world.
    also
    your local PCA (porsche club of america) will be a great souce of info for local good guys if you will venture away from the dlr-retail world.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast