Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Standard Engine Firing Order and Rotation (Jet Boat)

RidinRed
    This may be a stupid question but, I'll risk it.
    How about the crank? (and NO, I am not on it) Wouldn't the firing order be all out of whack with your TDC timing?

jimsplace
    No. TDC remains like it was. Only the 5/7 plug wires are changed. (along with the cam)

sonny glide
    5-7 is a rob Peter 2 pay Paul,
    open plenium manifolds, Team G, etc. small runner dividers between 5&7 is the prob.
    tall Tunnels w/long runners and full length dividers between the runners and of course any other system that runs boost arent effected and mech.injection w/tall stacks.
    When the last of the intake charge for 5 is almost complete, 7 opens up w/a hi-intake velocity and this robs 5 of some of its intake charge. in some cases this can B felt in a vibration, very slight but U notice it, this is due to the imbalance of the power pulse across all 8 bullets, thus the bearing issues in time.
    So 5 will B down on power, 7 can B up on A/F and some times it can B noticed on the plugs fuel ring, up a little higher then 5.
    the swaper cam is good for the open manifolds, Edelbrock has a Air Gap Manifold, it's a true Dual Plane Manifold, like the ones that Detroit setteled on
    yrs ago on their Muscle Cars. It has raised runner to help eliminate the twisted path of the intake charge, and a better direct shot at the port, like the hi-rise open plenium manifolds, I have a friend that installed one and the low end torque is unbeliveable< but its on a street rod!
    U can get these from Summit from $205, SBC all the way to $239 for a BBC. single or twin carbs.
    N any case ur pulling the Manifold and flame thrower, but if U go w/the swap,
    the cams R like 4bills, then U got the Valve covers, rockers, push rods, Dampner, timing chain cover, gears etc. and then do it again backwards, degreeing the bump stick, adjusting the Valves< U do Run soild rollers right : )
    just my PPOV.
    How Fast is ur Wallet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12