Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Cops

Wet Dream
    For you guys that have dash cams, enough of the crappy videos. With todays technology, there is no reason for the grainy shit that gets to the TV today. You guys really have to push for the good stuff, like HD maybe. And while you're sitting there doing nothing but waiting for more revenue, try cleaning the bugs off of the windsheild. It only takes a couple of seconds with windex and paper towels. When you arrive on a scene, please take into consideration that you need to do one of two things. Either park the car in the direction of the action, or turn the camera toward the action. Its not much fun watching the door of another car while the killings are going on stage right. Also, it becomes very helpful to the viewing audience and the immediate public if you turn off the siren. Its a simple task, put the car in park, and turn off the siren. Having a siren blaring while the car is at a standstill and you're in a standoff at a 7-11 parkinglot is just wrong. Ok, enough of my armchair critique, carry on gentlemen, and ladies.

SandbarScot
    Great reasons to add to my list of why our department does not have dash cameras on most units.

MudPumper
    Yeah, just what we need, Dash Cameras so the public can Monday morning QB and tell us how to do our jobs. lol
    Also...some cars have the siren wired into the shift lever, when the car goes in park, the siren shuts off. Its a nice feature.
    You might think its easy to do something as simple as shutting off the siren, but when you already have to worry about stopping the car, getting it in park, getting the door open, getting out of the car, and getting your gun out before the giant black and white magnet starts attracting bullets, turning off the siren is the least of your worries.

YeLLowBoaT
    Yeah, just what we need, Dash Cameras so the public can Monday morning QB and tell us how to do our jobs. lol
    [RANT ON]
    If you don't want the public telling you how to do your jobs... don't work in public service...Rather you like it or not... We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
    [/Rant off]

msc5195
    [RANT ON]
    If you don't want the public telling you how to do your jobs... don't work in public service...Rather you like it or not... We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
    [/Rant off]
    AMEN BROTHER!
    I totally agree with ya.

Kilrtoy
    [RANT ON]
    [/Rant off]
    OKhttp://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/yb630.gif

Jetaholic
    I'll add to this one...from a working musician's point of view...
    STOP HASSLING THE BARS/CLUBS ABOUT THE VOLUME!!! I don't know about other cities, but here where I live the cops get a kick out of throwing their weight around. Someone calls in a noise complaint about music at a club being too loud, and the cops show up to hassle us about it! Now this may sound like normal procedure...however, the cops here aren't doing it correctly IMHO.
    What typically happens is someone calls in the complaint. The cop gets the call. What SHOULD happen is when the cop gets the call, the cop should go to the complainant's house to verify that our music can actually be heard on the property of the complainant. IF IT CAN BE HEARD ON THE COMPLAINANT'S PROPERTY, then AND ONLY THEN does an actual problem exist. THEN the cop should come out and tell us to turn it down.
    However, they don't do that! They just go straight to the club and hassle us! So this basically means that for all we know, it could be some asshole all the way on the other side of town that doesn't like the club calling in to start shit for all they know!
    When you have a live band, you're going to hear us outside the club no matter what. That's just how it is. And as soon as the cops show up to the club, it creates a bad vibe and people leave, which kills the club's business, which makes us have to take a cut out of our paychecks. Music is how we make our living. People work hard all week long, they come out to have fun and be entertained, which is what we do.
    Now of course, if we are in fact bothering somebody who lives in the vicinity then yes we as the band need to address that. But if the call is coming from someone who doesn't even live anywhere close to the club in question and none of the neighboring residents have a problem with us playing there, then where does an actual problem exist? Verify that an actual neighboring resident has an issue with it and we will address the problem. But until then, leave us alone, let the people have fun and let us do our job!

BRSTQUEST
    [RANT ON]
    [/Rant off]
    You are exactly right, citizens should have the right to voice their opinion on how law enforcement does their job...That is what makes America so great, freedom!!!! Another great aspect of freedom is the concept of laws and rules. So when some of us here get pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, no front plate, no mufflers on the boat and so on we should also respect that aspect of our society, laws and rules... When you get pulled over, for something you know you shouldn't have been doing, and the fine officer gives you a half hour of their attention and leaves you with a nice "thank you" note you should remember that you pay their salary and now you know they are doing their job and keeping EVERYONE safe!!!

moneypit
    [RANT ON]
    We sign your checks. If you really don't want me to have a say in how you do your job... figure out away so I don't have to pay my taxs and I won't tell you how to do your job... Until that happends you can bet I will voice MY RIGHT to make statements about how I beleave my tax dollars should be spent.
    [/Rant off]
    Don't kid yourself... you have never signed a police officers paycheck in your entire life. You might have contributed but never signed. Just because you pay taxes doesnt mean the "OFFICER" has to listen to your rant. If you have to piss and moan, do it to your elected officials... The "officer" doesnt have to listen to you...
    Amazing how people think. Oh and Im not a cop.

Keith E. Sayre
    The thing about dash cams that bother me is that the tv stations that show them only show what portion of the
    event that they want to show. I remember a situation
    shown on tv recently where it looked like the cop was beating a kid up on the trunk of a car when in fact the
    handcuffed kid was grabbing his junk and hitting him
    there. On TV it looked like police brutality, in fact the
    kid had it coming and the cop was defending himself.
    It's too easy for the ACLU and the liberal media to
    paint every event into a bad picture for LEO. But I must
    admit, I do like watching the dash cam stuff.
    Keith Sayre

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast