Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 175mph....thanks Absolute Marine

PHOTOGLOU
    Why is it I'd rather spend $50 on a bottle of vodka than $3 for a gallon of gas?
    CUZ A $50 bottle of vodka is drank from a $2 glass where a $3 gallon of gas is drank from a $300k boat

Phat Matt
    You are asking the wrong guy :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
    Great minds think alike.

Phat Matt
    CUZ A $50 bottle of vodka is drank from a $2 glass where a $3 gallon of gas is drank from a $300k boat
    Very good point. Answer me this, why does beer taste better on said boat.

KROOZIN
    Exactly what did the boat do prior to the "wicked" tune by Aaron.
    I ran it up to 157 the first weekend I had it (Desert Storm) but I lost a blower pulley so that stopped our fun that day.
    Then it spent all summer back east and I didn't have the opportunity to crank it back up untill Smoke on the water and I was well on my way, when I lost a flywheel bolt, therefore stopping my fun that day (of course, Baker took care of the repairs on their dime). One other trip I made back there to run it, there were 4 footers out, so we didn't get to run it too hard. Then at the Shootout, I didn't have the right props. Then all the other times, I had friends in the boat, so I didn't go past 150 for obvious reasons.
    So, this was really the first opportunity I've had to gas it!

KROOZIN
    Why is it I'd rather spend $50 on a bottle of vodka than $3 for a gallon of gas?
    $4.50 a gallon, and $8 a gallon for 116 back east :cry:

OGShocker
    I had friends in the boat, so I didn't go past 150 for obvious reasons.
    I hate when people piss themselves on our boat too..
    Sux, you had so many problems in the beginning! See you at the lake!

KROOZIN
    I hate when people piss themselves on our boat too..
    Sux, you had so many problems in the beginning! See you at the lake!
    thanks! see ya out there!!

C-2
    I ran it up to 157 the first weekend I had it (Desert Storm) but I lost a blower pulley so that stopped our fun that day.
    Then it spent all summer back east and I didn't have the opportunity to crank it back up untill Smoke on the water and I was well on my way, when I lost a flywheel bolt, therefore stopping my fun that day (of course, Baker took care of the repairs on their dime). One other trip I made back there to run it, there were 4 footers out, so we didn't get to run it too hard. Then at the Shootout, I didn't have the right props. Then all the other times, I had friends in the boat, so I didn't go past 150 for obvious reasons.
    That's the secret...staying together. There's always tons of boats with plenty of power, but it all boils down to making it down and back in one piece. DeFrees used to run with Gary all the time - but motor gremlins always got him too.
    I think the only time Predator broke is when Gary gave me a ride (on Thursday) and smoked a motor.
    Houston....I think we got a problem...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1132smoke2.jpg

Bling Bling
    Excuses excuses scardie pants.

Phat Matt
    $4.50 a gallon, and $8 a gallon for 116 back east :cry:
    Ouch! :jawdrop:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast