Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is actually the difference between Canyon, Cole, Hondo,etc.......?

Monkey Bung
    Just dont know

GofastRacer
    It's called "Splash", I'm not up that much on drag boats but in my book, Hondo was the first kick ass drag boat, then came Cole and so on and so on!.They took a Hondo, redid the bottom, make a cosmetic change and renamed it!, still a Hondo..Just like circle boats!, Nothing like a Bismeyer, you have Revenge, Daytona, D'Cucci, etc., they are all Biesmeyer's!!...Regardless of hull type, it's the whole combination that makes the difference.........Just my .02 for what it's worth.......

WILDERTHANU54
    WELL ASSUMING THAT WERE TALKING 5/8", I'D SAY ROCKER FOR THE BOTTOM. THE TOP, LITTLE THINGS, LIKE MY COLE HAS A LITLE "LIP" ON IN THE TOP OF THE TRANSOM THAT MY MAKO DIDN'T. THEN AGAIN, WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW? ? ?
    GEOFF
    [ August 30, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

Monkey Bung
    Is one lighter than the other? Are the bottoms different as far as rocker? Or just does it depend on how much horsepower your going to run? I know Canyon is one of the fastest drag boats out there today, but then I saw a Bits or Bitz flat run that looked pretty good. Who's mold is that one out of???

T-Bag
    Monkey Bung:
    Just dont know The canyon's that are coming from lodi are supposed to be 450lbs.

GofastRacer
    WILDERTHANU54:
    WELL ASSUMING THAT WERE TALKING 5/8", I'D SAY ROCKER FOR THE BOTTOM. THE TOP, LITTLE THINGS, LIKE MY COLE HAS A LITLE "LIP" ON IN THE TOP OF THE TRANSOM THAT MY MAKO DIDN'T. THEN AGAIN, WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW? ? ?
    GEOFFRight on the money bud!!.....

GofastRacer
    Monkey Bung:
    Is one lighter than the other? Are the bottoms different as far as rocker? Or just does it depend on how much horsepower your going to run? I know Canyon is one of the fastest drag boats out there today, but then I saw a Bits or Bitz flat run that looked pretty good. Who's mold is that one out of??? Yeah, some are lighter, bottoms are different!, seems like Canyon has got their shit together these days, damn, forgot who Bitz copied, used to know it!!.....

Hemiroid
    They all are the same just spelt diffrent??? Hondo to Dimarco to Canyon??? The Hondo HX-511T is the worst hadling. eek! LOL

Sangster
    The weight of the hull depends on the Layup...They'll lay them up as lite as you want...

We bought the first Canyon from the new owners last year. Wayne Mettler showed Kevin the laws and gave us the boat. It's Carbon Fiber and it layed up I think around 350lbs or so. The difference like WILDERTHANU54 said is the rocker. We've compared all three (cole, hondo and canyon) and found that the Hondo's had the most rocker out of the three and the Canyon had the least amount of rocker. I guess that if you have less rocker the boat will MPH better.
    Fu&? Bitz. If we catch him on this side of the border my old man is going to kick his A$$. What haul has he not copied. Bitz 501 PLEASE!!!!!!!
    [ August 30, 2002, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Stix818 ]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast