Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oval to square heads question

wright27
    My buddy has a set of oval edelbrock R P M alum. heads on his 454. He wants to put on a hi-rise manifold and is being told that putting square port on oval port heads is ok. Is this true or false.

IMPATIENT 1
    My buddy has a set of oval edelbrock R P M alum. heads on his 454. He wants to put on a hi-rise manifold and is being told that putting square port on oval port heads is ok. Is this true or false.
    it will work but will cost ya some power.

wright27
    That is what I told him. So what would be a good hi-rise for him to go with. Anyone got one for sale?

IMPATIENT 1
    i know people here like single plane intakes,but with the oval ports i would prefer the edelbrock rpm intake.if his boat is heavy the rpm intake has a better torque curve near the 2500-3500rpm range.i run a rpm intake on a bbf and i love em.switched last yr to a victor jr. and it dropped on it ass!put the rpm back on a my bottom end felt so much better.i guess it's a preference kinda deal.weight too.

Devilman
    i know people here like single plane intakes,but with the oval ports i would prefer the edelbrock rpm intake.if his boat is heavy the rpm intake has a better torque curve near the 2500-3500rpm range.i run a rpm intake on a bbf and i love em.switched last yr to a victor jr. and it dropped on it ass!put the rpm back on a my bottom end felt so much better.i guess it's a preference kinda deal.weight too.
    Whats the difference between the Victor & Victor Jr? RPM range?

Cas
    The RPM Air Gap is another real good choice. By high rise, I'm assuming you're referring to a tunnel ram? If so, I would bet your buddy will be pretty disappointed, especially if it's a single carb, unless he's only wanting the bling factor.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Put on a Weiand Stealth and get the best of both worlds. great all around manifold. Budlight

Brooski
    I am running an RPM Air Gap, and it has solid torque and power. Just ask DanHercules...lol

wright27
    The RPM Air Gap is another real good choice. By high rise, I'm assuming you're referring to a tunnel ram? If so, I would bet your buddy will be pretty disappointed, especially if it's a single carb, unless he's only wanting the bling factor.
    yes tunnel ram sorry. In the hot boat jet tech it says tunnel rams work well on jet boats.

IMPATIENT 1
    tunnel rams are only good for high revin motors.if your buddy intends on pullin skiers go with the edelbrock air-gap rpm.they do have the best of both worlds! and give some monster bottom end power for a dual plane.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast