Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alcohol vs gas?

Smitty19
    I've got a 19' daytona jet with a blown 555 8.6 compresion with a 14-71 made a 1040 with a 10 before the 14 runs 110 plus mph,600lb hul was told I could go to alcohol without changing comprestion knowing it takes twice the fuel how much more power could I expect? How much of a hassle is the whole clean the fuel lines mantainance ect?. it not a trailer queen I drive it
    any feed back would be a help.

I was told to use Pro-Blend fuel treatment with the alky. I had alky in my fuel system from March to December. Never drained. All is good. No gell, No chalk.
    I wise man once told me "Gasoline is for lawn mowers".
    I don't know enough about the compression to know if that is enough. More would be better.
    Are you running an injector??

78Eliminator
    Infomaniac's deal in his cougar was I "think" a 509 and a 6/71 with around 8:1 compression. He ran the hell out of the motor on alcohol with no problems.
    The first hour you run it, you might be blowing black smoke out your exhaust as the alcohol cleans your combustion chambers LOL

Blown 472
    Infomaniac's deal in his cougar was I "think" a 509 and a 6/71 with around 8:1 compression. He ran the hell out of the motor on alcohol with no problems.
    The first hour you run it, you might be blowing black smoke out your exhaust as the alcohol cleans your combustion chambers LOL
    How much power you figure you are making with your dealio?

78Eliminator
    How much power you figure you are making with your dealio?
    Me? I have no idea. My deal is a 8:1 460 blown injected gas motor. I dunno, with the blower 5% over maybe 800?
    You see, when I bought the hydro I have now, it came with that motor in it. I went through it with Fiat48 and that is what I am running in it to get used to the boat. The blown injected alcohol 522 is sitting in my garage for now.

BOOGEYMAN
    Why go through twice the fuel and leave the static compression at 8.6?? You will not see the real advantage to alcohol by leaving the compression that low. Would be better to spend a little more cash and put some different slugs in it and get all the power from that alcohol that you are looking for. Step it up to 11 and have some real fun!!!

Smitty19
    this thread was doubled by accdent but to answer your question,motors to fresh to change and was thinking of trying it first I could always change compresion latter I would have spun the blower harder with the big blower and alcohol looking,at options

Blown 472
    Me? I have no idea. My deal is a 8:1 460 blown injected gas motor. I dunno, with the blower 5% over maybe 800?
    You see, when I bought the hydro I have now, it came with that motor in it. I went through it with Fiat48 and that is what I am running in it to get used to the boat. The blown injected alcohol 522 is sitting in my garage for now.
    Is the 460 a gas motta?

Fiat48
    It's a gas motor with good heads but a tiny little camshaft(which was already in the motor when he got it). Strictly for driver's training. With a cam change, nozzle change and add alcohol the hydro can run easy 8.0's. Even without the 2 speed.

Blown 472
    It's a gas motor with good heads but a tiny little camshaft(which was already in the motor when he got it). Strictly for driver's training. With a cam change, nozzle change and add alcohol the hydro can run easy 8.0's. Even without the 2 speed.
    Drivers training? that involve a spare of undies?:sqeyes:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast