Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Lakers, Kings, Clippers and other news.

dmontzsta
    KG was very close to being traded to the Bulls. I wasn't told the specifics of this and what players were involved. All I know is only that it involved the Bulls #1, which came from NY. The trade fell through because it looks like that pick isn't going to be a top 5 pick anymore. Minnesota only wants to do it now if the Bull throw in another #1, along with the players involved. Well, the Bulls said no to that...
    because Jerry West called and offered Pau Gasol for PJ Brown, Sweetney and the NY #1. This trade will most likely go down.
    Lastly, the Lakers are the front runners for Artest ever since the Clipper deal fell apart. The Kings want Farmar, Mihm, and a throw-in. Phil was all but ready to pull the trigger until Kwame got hurt. I don't know why that would affect anything though. Not suprisngly, the Kings aren't getting many offers for Artest so Phil thinks he'll be available in a month and take less.
    This is from an independent source.

Jyruiz
    KG was very close to being traded to the Bulls. I wasn't told the specifics of this and what players were involved. All I know is only that it involved the Bulls #1, which came from NY. The trade fell through because it looks like that pick isn't going to be a top 5 pick anymore. Minnesota only wants to do it now if the Bull throw in another #1, along with the players involved. Well, the Bulls said no to that...
    because Jerry West called and offered Pau Gasol for PJ Brown, Sweetney and the NY #1. This trade will most likely go down.
    Lastly, the Lakers are the front runners for Artest ever since the Clipper deal fell apart. The Kings want Farmar, Mihm, and a throw-in. Phil was all but ready to pull the trigger until Kwame got hurt. I don't know why that would affect anything though. Not suprisngly, the Kings aren't getting many offers for Artest so Phil thinks he'll be available in a month and take less.
    This is from an independent source.
    Lets hope a lot less, cause 1. I really don't want Artest, and 2. Farmar is coming along real nice. I think the Kings want Farmar though because they are afraid Bibby is going to opt out and go to another team.

dmontzsta
    Lets hope a lot less, cause 1. I really don't want Artest, and 2. Farmar is coming along real nice. I think the Kings want Farmar though because they are afraid Bibby is going to opt out and go to another team.
    I agree 100%! Farmar has that basketball mind, that only few really have. He kind of plays the game from an outside view. I would do it for Radmanovic or Sasha. Considering this is Farmar's first year in the NBA and he only played 2 years of college, I think he has potential to be a strong starting guard. Plus the kid is QUICK! he can get to the hole and drop it in before you have time to react.

DILLIGAF
    Well if the rports are true that Bibby and Artes don't get along then Bibby will opt out if Artest is still around.
    Farmar looks pretty good and I would be hesitant to trade him away but if it is a deal that can put you over the top you have to do it.

Jyruiz
    Well if the rports are true that Bibby and Artes don't get along then Bibby will opt out if Artest is still around.
    Farmar looks pretty good and I would be hesitant to trade him away but if it is a deal that can put you over the top you have to do it.
    I think you have a good point, but I don't like Artest, there is a reason teams keep trading him. I know the triangle does not really need a conventional PG, and Lamar fills that void anyway, but I just don't like Artest. I am afraid he would ruing the chemistry the Lakers have right now. Plus, I think we should be looking for a big now that KB is out for a while.

Jyruiz
    Maybe for Sasha (I know the Kings won't do this though) but this is mostly cause I don't like the possibility of Artest messing this team up. I know Phil is good with attitude cases, but why take the chance. The Lakers are a young growing team, we know they won't win it this year, so what for.

dmontzsta
    Maybe for Sasha (I know the Kings won't do this though) but this is mostly cause I don't like the possibility of Artest messing this team up. I know Phil is good with attitude cases, but why take the chance. The Lakers are a young growing team, we know they won't win it this year, so what for.
    The Lakers were really deep at the center position, now they are short handed. Bynum and Turiaf is as far as it goes. I am reading that Shaq is trying to make a come back for the January 15th game against the Lakers, probably to take advantage of the situation and make himself look good after PJ called him out.
    If anything, the Lakers need a little help at point, but that is about all and even then, I do not think it is urgent. Plus it seems like the second unit of Farmar and Vujacic is working pretty well, even though it is a little out of character for PJ.

Jyruiz
    Forgot to ask who your independent source was? If you can't post it, PM it to me.

dmontzsta
    Forgot to ask who your independent source was? If you can't post it, PM it to me.
    I will see if I can find out. A reliable guy on the Lakers forum posted it and he hates "insider" leaks like most of us do, so I tend to believe him.

Jyruiz
    I will see if I can find out. A reliable guy on the Lakers forum posted it and he hates "insider" leaks like most of us do, so I tend to believe him.
    Which Laker forum?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast