Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wells Fargo Bank Issue

RitcheyRch
    Found out yesterday that Wells Fargo Bank release all of my bank information to my ex-wife. She apparently went in there and asked for the info and they gave it to her. I have all my accounts password protected so this should not have happened under any circumstances.
    Does anyone know if I should file a police report or should I just contact my attorney and go after the biotch?

dumbandyoung
    dont bank with them..
    check this out.. i had more problems with them than you can imagine.
    i had someone steal my atm card and use it up for 3 tanks of gas and cigarettes at 711. the purchases where all made in 70 miles from where i live.. took me 6 months to get my money back.
    my aunt went there last week to withdrawal 1k out in cash. well she goes to he other bank to deposit the money well her other bank says 400 of this is counterfeit. so she goes back and well fargo says sorry charley.

RitcheyRch
    Other than this have always had good service with them.

phebus
    What they did was wrong by releasing confidential information, but unless you suffered some type of damge by it, I doubt that there is anything you could go after.
    The bank manager should be notified though, so this type of thing doesn't happen again.
    Now, if you did suffer some type of damage, I would have my attorney contact their legal department.

Flyinbowtie
    I essentially agree with phebus. You are divorced; she has no right to access your account info. The bank manager needs to get a written coomplaint from you, and the complaint needs to be specific about what happened, how you found out about it, and what the bank intends to do to see to it it doesn't happen again. Ask for the ajudication of the complaint, if you don't, they won't volunteer it.
    cc the above letter to your attorney.
    If you still retaining an attorney to handle some portion of the case, it is great evidence of decit and poor character on her part, for whatever that is worth.
    In the event she takes action to aquire your funds, or profit in some other way using the information she was improperly given, and succeeds, then you have a theft by fraudulent means.
    Gettting the local police to jump on it might be tough, tho.

C-2
    You sure they "released" it, or was it obtained thru a subpoena or levy? Banks have gotten ball-buster strict with info they release, can you elaborate on the circumstances leading to the disclosure?
    Your accounts were no longer joint tenant accounts (jointly owned), right?

I'm sure you and your ex signed a signature card when you opened or modified the accounts. If you didn't change it after you were divorced... shame on you. How is a bank supposed to know someone doesn't have access anymore if you don't inform them? If you DID change the ccount info after the divorce, you may have a gripe, but just open new accounts and move on. As I remember, I had to bring in the divorce decree to get my ex off joint accounts.

RitcheyRch
    My ex-wife is not on my signature card as all these accounts were opened after the divorce in 1995. The ex-wife was asking me about my Daughters CD accountso she can get my Daughters taces done and proceeded to tell me in an e-mail that she went to the bank and asked for the CD account balance and they gave her the info. I'm not sure what other information was given other than my Daughters CD balance which is none of her business since is my account for my Daughter. I'm just worried that other personal info from my other accounts might have been given to her.
    FYI- I am the custodial parent of my Daughter. Her Mother gets some visitation.

C-2
    Hmmm..that's a tough one.
    You sure you getting the entire story?
    I'm having a hard time believing your ex walked in off the street, asked for the goods and received them. What's your daughter saying aboyut the whole dealio?

RitcheyRch
    I had a hard time believing it as well until the bank teller admitted it to me this afternoon. The ex-wife also banks at Wells Fargo. It sounds like she went there and said she wanted to check on the balance of a CD but didnt have the account number. When they entered my Daughter's SSN all of her accounts came up on the screen and thats when they told her the balance. If the bank teller had clicked on the account it would have shown that the account was in my name and wouldnt have given her the info. The branch manager is now telling me that I will have to flag all of my accounts to say "Do not release info to__________" and list the ex-wifes name. I find it odd that with all the cases of identity theft and fraud that I have to go through these hassles to keep my info safe from the ex-wife.
    Hmmm..that's a tough one.
    You sure you getting the entire story?
    I'm having a hard time believing your ex walked in off the street, asked for the goods and received them. What's your daughter saying aboyut the whole dealio?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast