Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 01 Yamaha PW 50

Screemy1
    http://www.e-z-ride.com/
    here is the link...... very strong durable product...... and very great co. to do business with.... My sons bike was stolen out of our garage back when we first got it..... one of the reasons I moved from Lancaster... our neigborhood went to shiiiit, well..... I was in the process of getting a new bike for him before he would ever know it disappeared..... so I called the e-z-ride people and told them what happened...... I had the wheels, but the quick release bar they attatched to was on the bike.... I wanted to see if I can just buy the bar..... they said no.... because they would send the parts to me for free..... I got the bar in 3 days....... and the bike was recovered from the sheriffs..... with only a bald back tire....... and the rubbers missing from the foot pegs..... so I replaced the tire and put on regular spike foot pegs...... and now have an extra mounting bar from e-z- ride... they said keep it after I told them I got the bike back..... they were very nice and the product is very strong..... I can ride the bike with all 215lbs pressuring the training wheels and they don't flew or bend....... very very stron and worth every penny, I have been out with others thathad training wheel that were bent... from just the kid riding hard on it.....

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Thanks for the info!

HM
    The PW 50 is actually more bike than the CRF 50. The CRF 50 does require manual shifting, but that is actually a great thing. The PW 50 makes 4 HP. The CRF 50 makes .9 HP...so the PW has 4 times the HP. The governor on the pw 50 does not work well because of the 2 stroke motor. For little kids, the engine will keep slowly accerlating and will shift through the gears - my 4 year old to a pretty good spill at about 25 MPH.
    I just went thru this thing with my kids (4 and 6). I had PW 50's, now they have CRF 50's. They really can't shift into the next higher gear without purposely shifting. They can accidentally shift down. The four stroke motor works much better with a throttle govenor....where the two stroke will want to keep revving. I didn't figure that out because I would play with the govenor and ride it myself...with my 190lbs...the govenor worked well, but with 30-40 lb riders, the motor was able to keep speeding up. Now...this was all on a dry lake bed...so the govenor on the two stroke would probably work better in softer dirt with bumbs and etc. The two stroke really needs an
    RPM govenor instead of a throttle govenor...IMO.
    I have training wheels on the 50 for my 4 year old...the kind that go right under the pegs.

bchbum
    The pw 50 also has a second governor , it has a restricter in the exhast pipe . You have it in & the screw on the gas turned in they won't go very fast . Remove both & the bike will get up & move ..

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Wow, I listed this for my boss..I feel like an expert on PW 50's now..thanks for all the great info!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    bump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12