Thread: Tom Papp Memorial Fund

FOURQ
    Like me, I know that many of you have known and appreciated Tom Papp over the past years. The news of his death this week was not only a real shock but also will be a true loss to all of us. Knowing that the family could use a little extra support at this time, with their permission I have created a memorial account in TommyÂ’s name. If you would like to add to this remembrance, you may make your check payable to:
    Tom Papp Memorial Fund
    c/o Mohave State Bank
    1771 McCulloch Blvd.
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
    Or
    www.paypal.com ,
    e-mail address: tompapp@justjetboats.com
    accepts credit or debit cards
    or
    Tom Papp Memorial Fund
    c/o Advanced Computer Management
    1642 McCulloch Blvd N #234
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
    Although contributions to this memorial fund are not tax deductible, I know that they will have real meaning to the family. Please note that 100% of monies received will be forwarded on to the family of Tom Papp.
    Thank you,
    Shawn Demaret
    928-208-0291

RonHill
    I am saddened to read of Tom's passing. Back a few years ago, maybe 1981, I was telling Bob Leach that I thought his 19 Daytona would be an "ASS KICKER" in Mod VP.
    Bob told me he didn't have the money to change the mold to make them fit an outboard. I told Bob all we needed was some aluminum and we could make a bracket.
    I designed the bracket on a napkin, Bob had Tom Papp build the bracket and John Daley raced this Eliminator "JET" with an outboard. And FYI: The John Daley I'm talking about, runs the Thunderboat Regatta in San Diego, today....2007...
    God Speed, Tom!!!!

FOURQ
    There have been many questions as to if this is a true memorial fund for Tommy. the answer is yes. his mother is 72 also on a fixed income. Tommy had no insurance for medical expenses nor was there enough funds to pay for a proper burial. Marianne has payed for this using a credit card but has no means to pay the debt back. At the request of the family I have set this up. I live in Havasu and have direct relation to the bank being used. Mohave State Bank has donated the account with NO expense incurred of any type. All monies received will go directly to Tom's mother Marianne Papp...I am in contact with the family daily and all monies are discussed. also any and all account transactions are available to anyone that requests them from me.
    The service will be held Saturday January 13, 2007
    any and all are welcome to come pay tribute to Tommy. Whether you were a friend, customer, seen him at the track or just plain liked his boats ALL are welcome.
    in Laue of flowers please donate to the Memorial fund.
    if you are not comfortable making the donation to the Memorial fund there will be a donation box at the service.
    The services will be held at:
    Crestlawn Memorial Park
    11500 Arlington Avenue
    Riverside, CA 92505
    Date:
    Saturday January 13th, 2007
    Time:
    10am