Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thin in 2007

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    There! I did it!! Might as well begin again. Anyone with me??
    I did succeed in keeping off the 10 pounds that I lost, but then I stopped working out when I went back to work and proceeded to watch all of that nice muscle turn to flab. Which, as we know, flab takes up more space with the same amount of weight. Which means I have lost muscle, gained flab, and my jeans are tight again (but I can button them).
    I went down and signed up with a private trainer at a small private gym right next to the kids dojo. So every Monday and Wednesday for 8 weeks, while the kids are taking Karate, I'll have time to work out. I can also use the gym any time I want for working out, but not with the personal trainer, though he owns the joint, so he'll be there if I have any questions and for motivation, I'm sure.
    So my goal is to go down two pant sizes, get a flat tummy and lose 15 pounds.
    I'll keep you all posted.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Guess I'm the only one. Well, I'm down 1 pound this morning. Tonight will be my second night with the trainer (Monday was the first). I'm sore in areas that I haven't ever been sore before. Namely the back below my shoulder blades down to my pelvis.

BshyBvrGirl
    Running joke and/or goal with Sleek is to fit into a Hooter's uniform :devil: Lost close to 5 pounds visiting Sleek and I've lost a couple since I've been home This is the first week I've been back in the gym in awhile. It hurts, but I did it to myself by coming up with way to many excuses NOT to go. So here goes nothing...thin in 2007!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I am with ya too. But I have not started yet. LOL Well, actually, I have been eating better but have not hit the gym yet. Hopefully this weekend and then I will have something productive to report.

AZKC
    Are guys allowed, my XL life jacket doesnt fit any more. I'm around 210 I'd like to see 185-190 by Spring. Becky's been hittin the tread mill about 60-90minutes usually 3+ miles about 4 times a week. She's tired of being heavy.
    We can do it folks Lighter, Healthier, Happier

Mrs. casean
    Of Course I'm with you Angie Back at it eh? I started this week. Good so far. I jogged w/ Lacey (dog) on Monday, and gym Tue & Wed and tonight. But right now I really just want to curl up on the couch :idea: But I can't . I'll go, then head home and make a healthy yummy dinner. Tomorrow is Outback for dinner so I MUST go tonight so I can get my reward. Acutally incase you guys are Outback fans, go to their website and they tell you suggestions for a healthy meal. Yes it is possible! Flab is back and muscle gone So I'm not comfortable in my clothes and by the end of March would like to be down 10. I did not meet my goal last year, but sure did feel great compared to the year before. I gained muscle I never knew I could! So I was stoked off that and kept motivated... till the holidays hit Well best of luck to all you men & women on a mission to get healthier! We can do it!

Mandelon
    Keep at it!
    I've cut out all the junk food so far this year. No fast food, no HFCS, only whole grains, no processed anything. I feel so much better, way more energy, need less sleep.
    I talked with CandyAss's husband today, he's down 20 pounds in just a few weeks by merely cutting out junk food....:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I'm down 2.5 pounds since Monday evening. I am sore as hell, though. I will go to do some cardio at the gym tomorrow. The food part is going well. I have discovered fresh seafood. I started with Fish House Vera Cruz (didn't know they had a fish market in there. . . and pretty reasonable, also), then went to my local Stater's recently remodeled with a nice seafood section. They had fresh Thresher Shark and FRESH scallops (the big ones!! ) Never really liked fish before because I didn't know how to cook it and the frozen fish is tough. I'm collecting some good recipes though, and using some of my favorite chicken and beef marinades on the fish.
    Linds, looks like you and I have the same problem
    KC, you are more than welcome. Glad to hear Becky's doing so well. After a while, the extra weight will start to wreak havoc on your joints, you guys don't want that, you're too active. So glad to see you on board!!

BarryMac
    At it again too, lost 30 pounds over the last two years, I really need to maintain, I'm hitting the gym at least 4 days a week, weight training and trying to firm up the he hooters, my goal is to be able to take my tank top off at the river and not be uncomfortable, I figure I have 3 more months for it all to come together.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    At it again too, lost 30 pounds over the last two years, I really need to maintain, I'm hitting the gym at least 4 days a week, weight training and trying to firm up the he hooters, my goal is to be able to take my tank top off at the river and not be uncomfortable, I figure I have 3 more months for it all to come together.
    Omigod! He Hooters! That is classic!!!!
    xoxo

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast