Thread: had some impeller work done

W.O.T
    i have posted a few times wondering about lower than desired rpms with my motor and pump setup. i just had impeller turned down and detailed by Joe Podwoski at JP Marine. went down to a BC cut and plan on having him install an inducer in the future and a few other things for river season. nice guy lots of help check him out.
    JP Marine 619-443-3320
    Lakeside, CA
    http://a374.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...132731d545.jpg
    http://a929.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...9ad310b670.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
    nice lookin work. don't inducers cost rpm's to run too??

W.O.T
    ive heard that before then ive heard people say there is little or no loss of rpm with the inducer. im going to test this out on the boat first to see if i gave up much of a holeshot.

IMPATIENT 1
    i bet it'd be to small to worry about anyway if it did, i'm savin for an inducer myself , i gotta by an overhaul kit 1st. wonder if my wife would give up goin out to dinner any this month , take one for the team

olbiezer
    if u have gone to a b/c cut u will get highter engine rpm anyway so dont worry about inducer cuttting a few revs out......

sdba069
    I've run an awful lot of the inducers and I've never seen the RPM loss that I hear about every once in a while. Just installed another one today. Have 4 more lined up for installation over the next 3 weeks. I don't think you can go wrong with one of them.

Duane HTP
    I've installed dozens of the inducers and never had any RPM loss.
    The only way I can see that happening, is if the pump was not loading properly and the inducer helped load it. Even then, an impeller cut, back to the rpm you wanted would be benifical.
    Very good product. They work!

W.O.T
    I've installed dozens of the inducers and never had any RPM loss.
    The only way I can see that happening, is if the pump was not loading properly and the inducer helped load it. Even then, an impeller cut, back to the rpm you wanted would be benifical.
    Very good product. They work!
    thanks for clearing that up. im not concerned about the inducer. the cut i had before was just hurting my performance not letting the motor spin the higher Rs where it was built to make better power.