Thread: Cav. Plate Set up?

Garucci
    Hey guys i am trying to set up my 74 sanger flat that i have aquired and was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on what would be a good starting place, as in height to set my cavitation plate?? Thanks for any help.

Moneypitt
    First, everyboat is different, some are close to others, but the general concensus, is there is no general consensus.....That said, be prepared for several different ideas as to what is right. I could give you numbers that work on a Revenge, but I am unfamilure with Sangers. So, I won't even guess. Be patient, someone here with Sanger experience will step in and get you in the ballpark for your boat, then you can dial it from there...........MP

UBFJ #454
    Give Bobby Hewitt, Hewitt Custom Boats (602) 463-1895, a call ... He's one of the best 'Old Hand' Type Flattie Riggers around.

ColeTR2
    I take a long straight edge, like a 4 feet level and put it up under the boat on the bottom going from front to back under each turn buckle. To be safe just set the plates straight off the bottom then put it in the water and run it. Then just turn each turn buckle one flat of the HEX face so the plate comes up keep repeating tell it feels good. And don't go WFO in tell then. It takes a some time but it's worth it good luck.