Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on black boats!

whitenuckled
    I'm getting ready to buy paint for my boat. I'm realy wanting to go black. Anyone have any horror stories about having a black boat? I know it's hot but does it get too hot that it'll warp the front?

Don't have any experience with heat, but the black will show everything. The second the boat touches water it will look filthy.

Hotfish
    I wax my black boat every time I take it out. Looks good but alot of maintainance. I love it though.

Sangster
    Once you go BLACK...You'll Never go Back.......

Moneypitt
    Black boat? Never again. Worked on a black boat,(PS89), on a black asphalt pit, wearing black shirts and hats. Temp was 104, thought I was going to die. I have heard of black paint blistering at Havasu along side other color boats that were unaffected. With all the choices for colors out there, do yourself a favor and skip black............MP

lucky
    I'm getting ready to buy paint for my boat. I'm realy wanting to go black. Anyone have any horror stories about having a black boat? I know it's hot but does it get too hot that it'll warp the front?
    ohh I'm going to catch shit for this but what the hell - ask 460 about black boats

AZKC
    If you boat during the day you don't want a black boat:sqeyes: You can paint the bottom half black but black on top your gona burn the f out of any skin that touches it

EXTREMEBOATS
    Once you go BLACK...You'll Never go Back.......
    Black has its bad points, but if its done right you cant beat it. Race boat? Gonna be hot to be around.... I bought a canopy.... Dont wear black.... you'll cook like chicken.... Lake boat? Just add XXX dancers and keep them wet.... cools off the boat at the same time....:idea:
    Mike

olbiezer
    i am kinda particial to black boats right now.......keep a towel handy and u will be fine.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast