Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: lifting advise

Get415
    i wanna lift my 06 2wd dmax. i was planning on a CST 8in w/ 37's but everyone keeps telling me that i'll be putting too much stress (steering etc...) with that setup and to stick with a 6in and 35's... If i do 6in it will most likely be RCD... any input on either setup. Better to be safe with a 6in or can i safely do 8???? I am definetly into LONGEVITY and RELIABILTY. thx

Concept1
    You can do the 8 in lift I have the smae truck with the fab tech, just get the tie rod aftermarket kit installed it helps alot!

hallettman
    if its 3/4 ton stick with the 6 inch therewill definatly be less stress on the front end particulary the wheel hub/bearing assembly (verry pricy ) 1 ton trucks used a differant wheel bearing assembly that was alot stronger from what my buddy at the dealership says. just my .02 Dan

Get415
    ok i will check into that steering kit...is that supposed to pretty much eliminate "steering loss" and idle/ pitman arms going south?

Concept1
    I have no problems with mine, my 02 was really bad about steering loss at idle almost like it had no power steering, the 06 doesnt do that really at all. The independent front end still needs a little TLC after a while but that kit makes most of the down side go away. 6in lifts just arent big enough for my taste. To be honest I dont see the difference between a 6 and 8 in lift on the steering. It should be the size and weight of the tire and wheel that makes the difference!

Force This
    I have the CST 9-11 kit on a 2006 D-max and love it. No problems at all with this set up

Concept1
    ok i will check into that steering kit...is that supposed to pretty much eliminate "steering loss" and idle/ pitman arms going south?
    BTW I lifted my truck 9000 miles ago and drive it like its a F1 car most of the time. Just had the tires rotated and balanced and did the alignment. No problems at all, just minimum changes.

Get415
    I have no problems with mine, my 02 was really bad about steering loss at idle almost like it had no power steering, the 06 doesnt do that really at all. The independent front end still needs a little TLC after a while but that kit makes most of the down side go away. 6in lifts just arent big enough for my taste. To be honest I dont see the difference between a 6 and 8 in lift on the steering. It should be the size and weight of the tire and wheel that makes the difference!
    True, i should have been more specific. My question was about tire size really. Luckily you guys were on the ball. ok so i'm back with the 8in and 37's cause the 6in is almost not worth the $$$ for how little its goin up.
    Any idea on how much that 8in Fab tech or CST kit might run. I'm am using a good shop but the killer is the price of that kit alone????

Concept1
    Well I can tell you that I paid 4100 total for the fabtech 8 inch, dual shock hoops and ALL resevoir shocks front and back installed. A good friend on fime is a west coast distributer for Toyo tires, I have the open country's on my truck and you just cant beat them, maybe I can help you out with the price for them too. What prices are you getting for the lift

Red Hawk
    Do yourself a favor and get the CST. I have had A RCD, Fabtech and CST lifts. The CST lift is by far the best riding, no squeaking, and why do you see most HD's lifted with the CST? because its the best. I have a 06 LBZ duramax with 37's and love it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast