Thread: Boat Cover Cleaning

SANGER-RICH
    How do you get something this big cleaned, I bought the cover fron U know Who, but it had stains on it , possibly oil and other stuff, It fits my hydro like a glove and want to use it but do not like the dirty spots, it is canvas, any ideas??

I spread mine out on the driveway and scrub the shit out of it with simple green solution then rinse well and let dry in the sun. Worked pretty well for me.
    Whatever you do don't let anyone put it in a dryer (shrinkage). Done this before too.

sixgunsam
    Hey Rich, did you go to CFW on NYD? Didn't see you out there,[ or I might of been to hungover to find your boat ]:messedup:

coolchange
    If you wash it with detergent you will remove the water proofing. It can easily be retreated.

sanger mike
    take it to the laundry-mat and wash it in the big front loader machine. it'l cost about $5.00

sawtooth
    You might try checking with the cleaners in your surrounding area, I have mine done at the cleaners in havasu at the end of each summer. They wait till the end of the day and run them thru the leftover water from normal clothes cleaning, they call you to pick it up and it is a little more than damp but not wet and just put it on the boat and let it dry to fit. It runs $25.00 and looks like it is brand new, let them know about any bad spots (oil) so they can pre treat. Oh yeah my boat is a 21' cruiser.

You might try checking with the cleaners in your surrounding area, I have mine done at the cleaners in havasu at the end of each summer. They wait till the end of the day and run them thru the leftover water from normal clothes cleaning, they call you to pick it up and it is a little more than damp but not wet and just put it on the boat and let it dry to fit. It runs $25.00 and looks like it is brand new, let them know about any bad spots (oil) so they can pre treat. Oh yeah my boat is a 21' cruiser. I do the same thing she does a great job. it's best to wash it in woolite if you can thats the best place to take it. or take it to custom canvas another good place to take it .

Beer-30
    I spread mine out on the driveway and scrub the shit out of it with simple green solution then rinse well and let dry in the sun. Worked pretty well for me.
    Whatever you do don't let anyone put it in a dryer (shrinkage). Done this before too.
    I do the same thing. A pressure washer would help, but I haven't really needed one yet.
    It dries out pretty fast, especially on a warm sunny day.

sawtooth
    I do the same thing she does a great job. it's best to wash it in woolite if you can thats the best place to take it. or take it to custom canvas another good place to take it .
    Yeah you can't beat Rainbow, it's one of Rons covers but I leave the boat in Havi and am to lazy to haul the cover home and then back.