Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trojans kicker dies in apparent accident

rrrr
    Really a sad thing. A good young man, too soon for him to leave.
    Trojans' Danelo found dead at bottom of cliff
    Associated Press
    Posted: 23 minutes ago
    SAN PEDRO, Calif. (AP) - Southern California kicker Mario Danelo was found dead Saturday about 120 feet down a rocky cliff near Point Fermin lighthouse.
    The body was reported by a passer-by at about 4:30 p.m., said Martha Garcia of the Los Angeles Police Department.
    Danelo, the 21-year-old son of former NFL kicker Joe Danelo, made 15 of 16 field goals this season and led the Trojans in scoring with 89 points. The junior made two field goals in the Rose Bowl on Monday to help USC beat Michigan 32-18.
    Speaking on behalf of Trojans coach Pete Carroll, USC spokesman Tim Tessalone said: "We were stunned to hear about this tragedy. This is a great loss. Mario was a wonderful young man of high character.
    "He was one heck of a kicker. He was a key ingredient in our success the past two years. The thoughts and prayers of the entire Trojan family go out to the Danelo family on this sad, sad day."

Bow Tie Omega
    I just read that on Fox. My goodness. What a horrible tragedy. He and his family will be in our prayers.

thoughts and prayers.

HavasuSelect
    Horrible news. Godspeed to him.

SHOTKALLIN
    SUICIDE? GODSPEED

Cas
    that really sucks! I can't believe it would be a suicide, he had his whole life ahead of him along with being a real popular person. That's not to say there wasn't some underlying stuff but I I'd be hard pressed to jump to that conclusion.

bchbum
    We used to go there alot , some places you need to be very careful . If you slip it's along way down ,With alot of rocks that don't give . This guy had to much going for him , future , & family .

BRAWNY
    very sad news.he'll be missed, prayers.

THOR
    That is awful.

Not So Fast
    WOW, thats horrible news. Is there any motive or is it believed an accident? Wonder whts next as they say these things always happen in three's and Darrent Williams was just laid to rest yesterday. R.I.P. NDSF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast