Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the dem plan for Iraq is..well...uh...

centerhill condor
    so the dem's plan for Iraq is..well..uh..none of the above.
    There are three options for the father of the newly borne democracy in Iraq:
    A: Cut and Run (Maury I am 1000% sure I'm not the father of that baby)
    B: Maintain the status quo (I may not be the father but I'll be the daddy)
    C: Recalibrate U.S. military operations (I realize my role as father)
    the dems are currently taking a pass on all three! In the first 100 hours - no less.
    The cold hard reality of the situation at hand is that all of these strap hangers have sired the bastard with the same level of professional jaw boning that has gotten us very little progress on any important issue during the last three decades. Pick your favorite; energy, free trade, fiscal policy, yada yada nada.
    Sen. Kennedy wants to have a "real" debate on the war...that appears as if it is work but really is a sound bite generator for the next election. Kinda like debating if we should call for help after we've run the car in the ditch last night. The Senator also calls Iraq, "President Bush's Vietnam"...from his mouth this analogy has an echo of truth.
    Here's what I learned from Vietnam: #1 You can't successfully legislate a war. This appears to be the only lesson the military genius congressional dems forgot about the conflict. #2 You can only win a war with great destruction and loss of enemy life. During Dick Nixon's dirty little war...aka linebaker and linebacker II, the U.S. Air Force bombed the north and "charlie" became interested in peace. When he halted the bombing, they argued over the shape of the negotiating table. When he resumed bombing they resumed peace negotiations.
    I've gleaned from the limited unclassified data available: 1. Persia is substantially funding/supplying the insurgency. They are the big winners with the "cutnrun" program. Our presence in Iraq is the only counter of Persian/extremist influence/domination in the region. This, coupled with uranium enrichment and increasing social obligations is placing their treasury under substantial stress. This is why when the price of crude drops below $60 a barrel the word "Israel" makes the front page.
    This strategy should sound familiar...the Rooskies used oil money to help finance their insurgencies. Our relationship with the Saudis kept the price of oil low and deprived the Reds of desperately needed currency helping to end the "cold war".
    Me thinks that a more effective sec'y of state could rally the neighbors' fear of Persia so as to outweigh their hatred of Israel. Saudi, Kuwait, etc would all be easy pickens for an unchallenged Persia. Self preservation is a very strong motivator. But we have to "sell it".
    My guess is we'll see nothing but hot air during the next two years. This works to our advantage. The status quo keeps the Persians tied down next door and prevents fully funded UF6 enrichment/development. Terrorists will continue being killed at an unsustainable rate. Our troops will continue to improve their offensive tactics and intelligence gathering. The young democratic Iraq will learn self rule and independence.
    The price of victory is high...but the cost of defeat is unbearable.

Forkin' Crazy
    Yep. I guess you saw Hellosi speak the other day?

donzi5150
    I have a Quote on my wall in my office from Ted Kennedy's brother, John: "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
    Where are these democrates? Oh yeah they get pushed out of the party and are forced to become independents (Liberman).
    John F. Kennedy is probably rolling in his grave everytime his little brother open's his mouth!
    I wish all americans believed in our country and freedom first, many of these problems would be resolved due to others fear of american standing as one and our refusal to be devided. When our way of life is threatened they would feel the wrath of a united country thus causing fear with lessor groups of people keeping them in line. Does this sound like a good definition of a super power?
    Our tree hugging friends need to get on the same page or move to France!You can hug a tree and still love and support this country!

Poster X
    Y'all have the blame already to go for your failure in Iraq. Kudo's. Best to be a step ahead in life.

Old Texan
    I have a Quote on my wall in my office from Ted Kennedy's brother, John: "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
    Where ae these democrates? Oh yeah they get pushed out of the party and are forced to become independents (Liberman).
    John F. Kennedy is probably rolling in his grave everytime his little brother open's his mouth!
    I wish all americans believed in our country and freedom first, many of these problems would be resolved due to others fear of american standing as one and our refusal to be devided. When our way of life is threatened they would feel the wrath of a united country thus causing fear with lessor groups of people keeping them in line. Does this sound like a good definition of a super power?
    Our tree hugging friends need to get on the same page or move to France!You can hug a tree and still love and support this country!
    Good post, very true.

Old Texan
    The sad state of political rhetoric makes any solution difficult. It's really a shame Pelosi and Reid are already playing games with military funding.
    Condor hits everything pretty much on the head with his synopsis. We need some leadership and we need cohesiveness to go along with it which means the games need to stop. Unfortunately there are too many egos in the way.

Bow Tie Omega
    Y'all have the blame already to go for your failure in Iraq. Kudo's. Best to be a step ahead in life.
    Well baghead, what is the dems bright idea, I have been waiting for that for the past 3 years. One second they want more troops, the next they want to pull out....Sounds like they are playing the opinion polls again rather then finding a real solution to all of this. Come on, lets hear the damned plan baghead. Dont try to spin this around, give us the damned plan, otherwise shut the F up. Do not bash if you do not have a valid solution. Doing so is a sign of ignorance. And we all already know you have a reputation for being ignorant.

Heater
    Well baghead, what is the dems bright idea, I have been waiting for that for the past 3 years. One second they want more troops, the next they want to pull out....Sounds like they are playing the opinion polls again rather then finding a real solution to all of this. Come on, lets hear the damned plan baghead. Dont try to spin this around, give us the damned plan, otherwise shut the F up. Do not bash if you do not have a valid solution. Doing so is a sign of ignorance. And we all already know you have a reputation for being ignorant.
    Great Post! They point fingers but have no plan other than get out, then when the bad guys start killing on our soil they will point the finger at the supposed failure in Iraq they supported......But never fear, I hear Hillary is headed to Iraq, she will have a full up battle plan when she gets back that Scary Harry and Hellosi can tout as the way forward, should be some good stuff in the news for a couple days.......

donzi5150
    The failure in Iraq is the same as the failure in Vietnam......once the people and our government decides to go to war they need to lay out the objective give it to the military and shut up until it is finished.
    All of this decisive armchair criticism from people that don't know what the hell they are talking about. The Baker commission what a joke, 3 whole days in Iraq, did not leave the green zone, and no military experts or generals. All of the Flip Flopping, I voted for the war now I don't support it has to stop, we need leaders with backbones! I don't see these gutless politicians flip flopping on abotrion or stem cell despite new information and science coming out againt that subject everday!
    Give the military the job and shut up! Fund them! and support them! Let the Patton's and Schwartzkopf's rise up and do their job!:idea:

Bow Tie Omega
    The failure in Iraq is the same as the failure in Vietnam......once the people and our government decides to go to war they need to lay out the objective give it to the military and shut up until it is finished.
    All of this decisive armchair criticism from people that don't know what the hell they are talking about. The Baker commission what a joke, 3 whole days in Iraq, did not leave the green zone, and no military experts or generals. All of the Flip Flopping, I voted for the war now I don't support it has to stop, we need leaders with backbones! I don't see these gutless politicians flip flopping on abotrion or stem cell despite new information and science coming out againt that subject everday!
    Give the military the job and shut up! Fund them! and support them! Let the Patton's and Schwartzkopf's rise up and do their job!:idea:
    Very well said!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast